Energy and exhaustion

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
rthom

Energy and exhaustion

Post by rthom »

I was talking to my wife tonight about being tired of being tired. I was coming across like I was frustrated or mad when really I was just tired and in pain. So this got me to wondering why some folks seem to find it tiring to try to be perky and happy when they are completely exhausted-(not tired like lacking in a few night sleep--but the kind of bone tired you get from months of lacking what you phyically need to go on). I have heard some say that it takes more energy to be grumpy than to be happy. Personally I have to consciously behave happy, so this constant assessing and adjusting of my behavoir and mental state as well as facial expresions manner of standing etc. is very much inclined to add to my exhaustion--I do it because I am supposed to in order to improve life--not because I find it helpful to me at the time.
Do you find it harder to be perky happy or sullen tired? :roll:

badnights

Re: Energy and exhaustion

Post by badnights »

Acting perky happy is definitely harder. I tend to be depressed all the time anyway. Maybe because I'm always tired. I am not sure that you really have to be happy for other people, though. "I do it because I am supposed to in order to improve life" who made that rule up?
Maybe you should expect a bit less from yourself along those lines, and a bit more along the lines of self-acceptance and self-respect? not saying it right,I can't quite get what I mean.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

No, I get it, but unfortunately if I do just be me, then no one comes around me. Like who want to hang around those who are no fun. So I end up lonely and feeling bad for those who have to be subjected to less than they deserve. ?????

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm glad you brought up energy and exhaustion. I am sleeping more now, but I'm still tired and have no energy. Just walking across a room wears me out. Trying to keep our little house clean is a chore. I do one thing and I'm done. I really thought that getting some sleep would help with my energy level. Then of course on the nights that I do get less sleep then I have to fight being crabby.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

The weary and exhausted feeling is so hard to overcome. And it's not easy to be bright and happy when you know that the housework and chores are waiting to be done while you haven't the energy of a gnat !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I hired cleaners in September. I had to face it; I cannot do a full time job and keep my house clean. Even with the cleaners, I barely find time to shop and cook. This disease is a life-changer, that's for sure. I am partly disabled, and have just admitted it.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

I'm hoping you are only in that position temporarily.
I am always amazaed how little I get done these days especially given the amount of time I have (nights etc.)

badnights

Post by badnights »

It's useless time. I can't think at those times; I can read books, but I am too distracted and unfocussed to do anything useful.

gsurpur

TMJ and osteoarthritis.

Post by gsurpur »

I suffering from RLS for last 25 years, It took so much toll on my health that, I developed TMJ problems, osteoarthritis due to constant stress.
Since I was living in India during these years, I had no clue this is a nervous disorder. I could not wake up on time to attend college, I felt so humiliated.
I am so happy that RLS foundation offers me an opportunity to share my grief, you all can definitely understand what I have gone through.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi gsurpur
Sorry this post went so long without a response. I hope things have picked up for you meantime. I know what it's like to not know that the things that are going wrong are due to a disease. We end up thinking we're going nuts :?