World War III - I pushed the button

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
debbluebird

Re: World War III - I pushed the button

Post by debbluebird »

EeFall wrote:I wrote an email to my son, his wife, and my wife today and apologized! I had some really good sleep the night before. Yes, I am going completely insane without sleep, no doubt about it. Sleep makes all the difference. My son called me today and all is well once again and we are going to our granddaughters 1 year old birthday next Saturday! :D :D :D :D :D

Wonderful ! :D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall & debbluebird -

Whoooop... whooooop.... well done, both of you.
y
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Thanks you guys, I feel much better about that being all over. I really have more than enough to deal without family problems too. :shock:

rthom

Post by rthom »

Wow, I wish I had a chance to spend some time here earlier--great news, cherish this time and take advantage of all the positives you can. What an awesome fathers day. Do you have fathers day there today, EeFall?
Deb--maybe you could make believe you're their father?--lol-lol No surgery though-just the great vibes that come from having a special day.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:Wow, I wish I had a chance to spend some time here earlier--great news, cherish this time and take advantage of all the positives you can. What an awesome fathers day. Do you have fathers day there today, EeFall?

Yes, we had Father's day. It was a nice day, sort of a funny day. My wife and I set out on a little journey south of here, just a journey of exploration, and ended up at a postage stamp size of a town called Roy. I was low on gas so decided to fill it up at the town's gas station. That is when we discovered that neither one of us had any identification, money, or credit cards/debit cards on us. We found, I think it was 26 cents, in the center console between our seats :lol: So we had to drive about an hours ride home, get my billfold, and drive to a gas station without running out of gas, which is what happened thankfully. We then went back home and headed for our lounge chairs outside and relaxed for several hours listening to music and enjoying the nice day. I had a very nice long talk with my son on the phone and will see them all next week for our granddaughters one year old birthday.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Sounds like it was a good advenurous day over-all. Our younger son got me a card and a verbal IOU for a movie at the local theater. I appreciated the effort but asked my wife about it in confidence later (made a joke about it being a dificult thing for me to do--it's about my most painful and distracting) apparently it was her idea---AAAHHH. Nobody get's it. But I really do appreciate that I was thought of anyway. The older son did not email, phone..... It is very upsetting to my wife, he was her pride and joy and now he is not looking so special--it's hard for her to see. But she just had some tears and soldiered on through the day.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:Sounds like it was a good advenurous day over-all. Our younger son got me a card and a verbal IOU for a movie at the local theater. I appreciated the effort but asked my wife about it in confidence later (made a joke about it being a dificult thing for me to do--it's about my most painful and distracting) apparently it was her idea---AAAHHH. Nobody get's it. But I really do appreciate that I was thought of anyway. The older son did not email, phone..... It is very upsetting to my wife, he was her pride and joy and now he is not looking so special--it's hard for her to see. But she just had some tears and soldiered on through the day.

Yeah, the movie theater is a treacherous place for someone with severe RLS. We did successfully see Oz, the Great and Powerful at the theater several months ago, I must have had a good day. The reality is that we raise them and then they are on their own (if we are successful :D ). My dad left my mother, 6 months pregnant, me at age 8, and my 14 year old brother to fend for ourselves as he found a girlfriend half my mom's age.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My daughter actually called me yesterday. I can't believe it. It's been a year since she called me. I guess my phone call to her and my e-mails helped. They are being transferred to Ft. Knox, Kentucky. She was there trying to find a place to live.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My heart is filled for you :clap: :clap:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Nice to see that post :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Nothing is forever :)
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:My daughter actually called me yesterday. I can't believe it. It's been a year since she called me. I guess my phone call to her and my e-mails helped. They are being transferred to Ft. Knox, Kentucky. She was there trying to find a place to live.

:D :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

We went to our granddaughters one birthday yesterday and it was a beautiful 77 degree day. Maybe that wouldn't be too strange but the day before it was raining and today it rained slowly all day. A few hours ago the sky decided to fall and it is still raining heavily. Not only was the day beautiful but so was our grandkids. Many people came for the party and it was great fun. Our granddaughter loved her fire engine and she learned how to use the engine (her feet) the first few minutes. I had fun pushing the kids around in the fire engine including family, friends, and neighbors. We had water gun fights and watched our birthday girl enjoy "swimming" in her blowup pool.

I had gotten some fantastic sleep the night before and had pulled weeds and mowed the lawn for 4 hours before we went to party. I had almost as much energy as the granddaughters (will maybe not that much lol). Looking forward to trip in a few days, I just hope they can help a bit to keep me going. Days like yesterday will keep me going for another several months either way :D

I'm writing this while sitting in my recliner with the VPAP on and earplugs in - could fall asleep any second - anyway the pramipexole seems to still be working and I'm pretty sure it has been getting closer to a month again. Things will get very busy starting tomorrow. Already we have been packing, trying to get everything in a couple of carry-ons plus my VPAP bag. We still have many more things to do before we actually make it back east, I just hope everything works out. My wife is really a stressed out mess about the trip, she is stressing me out. It didn't help to have Internet out all day until a little while ago. I told her she needs to be more like Doris Day and "Whatever will be will be" :lol: I doubt I will be back on here until (just fell asleep lol), until when I get back.

Wish us luck and keep your fingers crossed that we make it back in one piece (should be back on here Saturday or Sunday). Thanks!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Oh, how I hope your trip goes well.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

EeFall wrote:
rthom wrote:Sounds like it was a good advenurous day over-all. Our younger son got me a card and a verbal IOU for a movie at the local theater. I appreciated the effort but asked my wife about it in confidence later (made a joke about it being a dificult thing for me to do--it's about my most painful and distracting) apparently it was her idea---AAAHHH. Nobody get's it. But I really do appreciate that I was thought of anyway. The older son did not email, phone..... It is very upsetting to my wife, he was her pride and joy and now he is not looking so special--it's hard for her to see. But she just had some tears and soldiered on through the day.

Yeah, the movie theater is a treacherous place for someone with severe RLS. We did successfully see Oz, the Great and Powerful at the theater several months ago, I must have had a good day. The reality is that we raise them and then they are on their own (if we are successful :D ). My dad left my mother, 6 months pregnant, me at age 8, and my 14 year old brother to fend for ourselves as he found a girlfriend half my mom's age.

That must have been devastating. My daughter is 8 right now and I can't imagine what that would do to her. :( My husband's dad left when he was around the same age, and it profoundly affected him.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.