2007 Forum Avatars - Details

Click here for general information on how to best use this site, navigate, search, etc.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Susan

Hope you had a nice day

I'm not very good on comp ,what does hosted on the site mean?

I'm going to change the avatar in the new year to a smaller one

keep safe

moonlight :P
sleep is not only a dream

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Moonlight, "hosted on this site" means that you've uploaded it to this site and it is stored here. But you haven't done that - you have yours "hosted" on photobucket or another picture site, and you only have the link stored on this site, so it doesn't take up any space here.

As far as I know, no one has been able to upload an avatar to this site. It's so much easier to just set up a Photobucket.com account, or another picture hosting site account and link to it.
Susan

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Thanks Susan

So if you wanted to put a photo of yourself on ,you could put it on photobucket ,then put the link into the site,but i don't think i'll do that as I don't want to put my photo on photobucket,but it may be a route .
Oh this is getting too technical for me

moonlight :)
sleep is not only a dream

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

As I have stated before, I am computer illierate and besides my computer is slow. Whine, whine, cry, cry! Anyway, even if I could find my way around I don't know how to find a picture to post to the Avatar (or whatever it is you're supposed to do!) Would love to have some ruby slippers because if I posted my picture, you would all run away in horror! Anyway, maybe someday I'll be able to get away from dial-up and get a new computer. If clicking my heels together three times would do it.....
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

snowbound

Post by snowbound »

If clicking my heels together three times would do it.....

:D

snowbound
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one. ~ J. Pierpoint Morgan

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Ruby you are beautiful to me no matter what you say. I am so happy that we were able to meet even if it was only on the computer.

You take care of yourself and have a healthy and happy New Year

Love you
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Snowbound you are terrific! That's exactly what I would have chosen if I knew how to do it! Now how do I get it on the message board? You have to take me by the hand, you know!

CT, what a nice thing to say. I'm sorry I wasn't too talkative the other day. I've been sick and can't seem to get over it. But you are so very kind to me!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Consider it done, Ruby. Your ruby slippers should be showing up shortly as your avatar. :wink:
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi folks, I've gone to Photobucket.com and tried to upload my photo as an Atavar... it's not easy to find a photo of only oneself!! Here goes, fingers crossed, I hope it has worked !!

Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wow... it worked!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

You guys are terrific!!! Thank you sooo much! Betty you look great as does Susan. Guess you'll just have to live with "my" feet for awhile! It doesn't take much to make me happy!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Ruby, it's all a little bit of fun that makes life sweeter!
Betty

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Ruby I am glad that we were able to talk and hope that you are feeling better my friend. Please take care of yourself. Love your rubyslippers.

Have a healthy and happy 2008.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Ok ... I thought I was pretty savvy when it came to things "I.T." but this has got me stumped!!!

I've got a pic loaded up to Photobucket, but something's going wrong somewhere ... cud be the late hour of the nite (or early hour of the morning) ... or the solution cud just be staring me straight in the face (as usually happens).

Help! Pretty please, with sugar, cream and a strawberry on top?
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

OK, when you are in Photobucket, there are several links that you can click on. It will only work if you click the link that says: "Direct Link." Then past it into the spot in your profile that says "Link to Offsite Avatar."

And if that doesn't work, can you email me a link to your Photobucket site (and I'll probably need a password as well, but I delete those as soon as I have the Avatar up.)

Good luck, mate!
Susan