RLS Chat Room

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Irena

RLS Chat Room

Post by Irena »

Hi again,

I was just wondering if anyone has used the chat room for RLS...everytime I go there, no one is on. The url link is

http://www.rls.org/communicate/chat.html#

I thought it might be interesting chatting with others who suffer from RLS live. Let me know if anyone has tried that chat room.

All the best.... :)

Irena
Try to make others laugh or smile and try to have a laugh once a day. Try to keep on going even if its a bad day of pain. Don't give up keep pushing and smiling.

johnto6

chatroom

Post by johnto6 »

I have tried it also several times with the same results. I would like a dialogue and read how different people answer our questions.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

No one stops in at scheduled times. Often, though, people will make a post and say, hey, I'm heading in or will be there from x to x time. It helps to give your time zone! I'm not a chatter, but lots of other people are. One of the problems is that we all do come from different time zones.

Once you know who some of the chatters are, you can also PM or email them when you are wanting to talk. People have done that and I've always gone in if I am home and have the time.

For awhile, some of us tried using the Yahoo Messenger. I kept forgetting to log in, though, so for me it wasn't very useful! But, that is another option - we could all get some kind of Messenger account and share our names. Then we'd know when others were online and could shoot a quick message saying we wanted to chat in the chat room.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i'm a chatter, if you want to chat just buzz me

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

johnto6

Post by johnto6 »

I like the idea of sharing somehow so we will know when others are on. I tried using the messenger tonight to reply to a post fro Becat, and when I pushed "send", I was told the server was unavailable...very frustrating, or I need some instruction in how to communicate better on line. thanks.

becat

Post by becat »

ok lets all go try chat now and see what happens