help!!! new to rls

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
jlevey44

help!!! new to rls

Post by jlevey44 »

hello all, my name is josh and i am a 39 yr old man from vermont. i have an almost undescribable feeling in my legs, like someone is tickling the muscles inside my calves, but i can't stop it except if i get up and move about. as soon as i stop moving, the feeling returns. the only thing i can see that is different than what all of the info says is that my symptoms are all day long and into the night. does this sound like rls? if anyone out there caould offer their insight, i'd appreciate it!

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

Yes it sure does. There are quite a few of us with it 24/7. You are not alone. Do you have a doctor yet? How long have you had this sensation? Is there anything you do that helps? There is a lot of reading you can do here in the New to RLS page. Up at the top there are sticky posts. They have lots of info about medications etc.

Welcome there are lots of us so feel free to post your questions, feelings.
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have rls 24/7 but it is worse in the evenings.
If you check, there are about 4 critera for a 'diagnosis'.
And it is unlikely to go away on its own, unless the rls is being caused by some medication that you are taking and have rls as a side effect.

There is wonderful information on this forum. good luck.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

j44, Welcome to the Board. At 1st blush, certainly sounds like rls. Some good advice in the previous posts. Read as much as you can in the stickies at the top of this forum and familiarize yourself with the Mayo Clinic Algorithm references therein. Then, try to find locate a provider in your area who is familiar with rls and who will help you develop a treatment plan or at least discuss some options for your consideration. This Board will be a good place for you to get some feedback regarding any recommendations etc. or additional questions. But personal knowledge, self-advocacy, and a good doc are perhaps three important keys with respect to rls. Lots of good info in the readings so dig in. Glad you found us, welcome, and best wishes. M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.