Newbie :) Primary RLS Sufferer here.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Does Requip help more with ache than itch?
Last edited by Laurachrissy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLS sux

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wish I had an answer.

The itch is something some of us talk about, but it's not in the literature, so there's no info about it. For me, the itch is not present when I'm taking EKD drugs. The itch to me, if I think about it, isn't really an itch, more like the feeling of very dry skin - it's a sensation that is always followed by EKD symptoms within minutes unless I move or put on lotion. Putting on lotion may resolve it simply because I'm moving!

Is it possible that the itch is related to something else? It may help to determine if movement resolves the itch. For me, it does. If it's EKD related, movement should help.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Laurachrissy

UPDATE:

Post by Laurachrissy »

Hi everyone, just wanted to share some happy news...at least I think it's happy news.

I have a bulging disc and a herniated disc in my lumbar region. The symptoms got really bad and now everything points towards those two little boogers.

I will have a series of epidurals and I am hopeful that my daytime RLS symptoms will be gone.

I hope to report back in a couple of weeks to say "YES!" and hoping really hard that it wasn't Augmentation afterall.

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROCEDURE DONE? HOW WAS IT?

Have a gr8 weekend :)
RLS sux

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jan, one of our past moderators, had some kind of back surgery - it was very intense, IIRC. You might be able to find her posts about it and see what she said, went through, had done, etc.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

That would be nice if it improved your RLS symptoms.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Laurachrissy

Thanks guys for helping me through these difficult months...

Post by Laurachrissy »

UPDATE:

I did end up needing to go off the Requip and now I am taking Mirapex.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I don't need the Mirapex as often as the Requip...is that normal? Is Mirapex a better drug?
Last edited by Laurachrissy on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RLS sux

Chipmunk

Re: Thanks guys for helping me through these difficult month

Post by Chipmunk »

Laurachrissy wrote:
I have now slept 3 nights in a row without being woken up!

Awesome!!
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That's wonderful!

Managing Your RLS