Tried Mirapex again and thought it helped.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
micked

Tried Mirapex again and thought it helped.

Post by micked »

Been a bad month; last night, I was up around midnight and didn't know what to do anymore. Sat down at my computer to play jeopardy. Fell asleep while playing, but couldn't sleep in bed. wondering if i should increase dosage. Take generic Mirapex and Clonazepan at bedtime. Do some of you take earlier or even in daytime?
it seems nothing helps forever with this WED.
Thumper

rthom

Re: Tried Mirapex again and thought it helped.

Post by rthom »

sorry to hear you are having more trouble. I have noticed as have others that the time you take your mirapex is important. Should be at the same time every night for a good result--sounds weird but it really seems to make a difference. Also taking it about 90 min before sleep seems to be best. Good luck.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, taking mirapex well before bedtime is important to give it time to work.
Some of us will indeed take our mirapex or requip earlier depending on when our symptoms start.
For instance, if the symptoms start around 7pm then we would need to take the med at about 5.30pm and probably again later in the evening before bedtime.

What dose mirapex are you taking, and has it been increased, and do you have daytime symptoms.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Some people take pramipexole/Mirapex in the daytime too. If you have daytime symptoms that are getting in the way of life, you might want to try that. If your dose is already high, though, you might think about supplementing with something else, maybe an anti-convulsant, so as to avoid flirting with augmentation. I wonder about your current dose; either you're not taking it early enough, as has been suggested, or it's not enough to cover your symptoms.

Not sure if your question included this but I'll answer in case it did : clonazepam is a bad drug for daytime, first because it does not treat RLS/WED symptoms, second because it makes you sleepy. It is after all a sleeping drug and mild anti-anxiety drug.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.