New person

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
MrsRls

New person

Post by MrsRls »

Not too happy I have struggled with RLS starting with my first pregnancy, but have found magnesium entirely rids me off the annoyance.

ViewsAskew

Re: New person

Post by ViewsAskew »

For some people it helps - glad that you are one of them. Wish I were :-(. It appears that anyone low in one of several minerals (and a few vitamins) can get control of symptoms by just taking it. The best guess is that those of us who are not low do not respond.

Hope it works for a long time.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

MrsRls

Post by MrsRls »

Oh wow, I was not aware of that. I thought I might have cracked some code. It's such an uncomfortable feeling, I'm sorry. I know coffee, tea and chocolate close to bedtime get it in motion but magnesium even helps then. I hope you discover something soon!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You did discover something - for you! And that is great!

I am in the category of folks who have tried just about everything we have ever heard of...and gave in and take medication. Works for me and I can function. You are right - it is SUCH an uncomfortable feeling!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi Mrsrls - I've also tried Mg without effect on my symptoms, but I've heard of others who say it has stopped their symptoms completely, and I'm delighted you've joined their ranks! For other people who may not have tried it yet, can you tell them what type of Mg, what dose, and when you take it?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Any information regarding what is working for an RLS sufferer is welcome, there just may be someone else for whom it is beneficial.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation