Tremors anyone??

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
dawnala

Tremors anyone??

Post by dawnala »

In addition to the crazy legs I have terrible tremors in my hands. Sometimes, it's terribly debilitating--my makeup looks like I was sitting through an earthquake when trying to apply it!! :shock:

Does anyone else have this and what do you do about it?? Currently, my physician has me on Clonapin at night. At first this helped, but recently it's been less effective. I've previously been on two other medications, both losing their efficacy over time. My physician has also ordered an MRI of my brain for next week. I'm sure it will show nothing..lol. Has anyone tried the new drug for RLS? Forgot it's name already. If so, how is it? If you had tremors, does it help with that too??

Thanks everyone!
Dawnala

Tremors??

Post by Guest »

Hi Dawnala,

I have tremors in my arms but it's not due to my sleep disorder. It is due to a protruding disc in my neck between the c6 and c7 vertebre. My disc has a soft spot in the middle causing it to protrude on one side (or the other depending on when it slides around) putting pressure on the spinal cord nerve. The next thing I know is I either have tremors that won't stop in my arms and hands or I can't feel a thing and can't move my arms.

Just a suggestion here - you might ask your Dr to do a cervical MRI to check for a bad disc (as well as the brain MRI to check for other things such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's). It's worth checking into. There's lots of other conditions that can cause tremors - not just RLS.

They found my bad disc when checking for lesions in my spine due to Multiple Sclerosis. Luckily, I only have MS lesions in my head but they found a whole host of other stuff wrong with my neck and back that I didn't know I had wrong! :shock:

They also did a sleep study on me which they diagnosed me with PLMD - Periodic Limb Movement Disorder which is very similar to RLS. I'm on ReQuip currently for my PLMD and it's also stopped the tremors in my arms. My neuro Dr for my PLMD said the ReQuip should help with the tremors, too. Once in a while, I do experience weakness in my arms but that's about it. The orthopedic surgeon is wanting to do surgery on my neck but I'm holding off. I'm not too fond of any kind of surgery.

Hope this helps and I hope they find out what's causing the tremors, too. I no longer wear makeup because I can't see well enough to put it on! I kept poking my eyes! (thanks to the MS affecting my vision)

GentleHugs :)

dawnala

Ouch!

Post by dawnala »

Mascara and eyeliner are nightmare!!! Somedays I go without too. I try very hard to hide the tremors however it must be very apparent. My roommate is a nurse and she is the first one to say, "Oh, no...you're tremoring really bad today." I hate that!!! She only says that out of concern, however it just causes me to be more aware.

I'm glad the ReQuip is working for you. After the results of the MRI are in, I'm going to ask my doc to change my meds. The Clonipan just doesn't seem to be working. Last night was a terrible night! My poor cat!

I'm so sorry about the MS diagnosis. How are you handling that? I'm 34 and a Hodgkin's lymphoma survivor and was really optimistic that the cancer would be my "biggy" disease for my life. I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous about the results of the MRI...but I can't get too down about it. I do believe in positive attitude to assist the body in healing/dealing.

All my best to you. Thank you again for your input.
Dawnala