Just joined

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
april34

Re: Just joined

Post by april34 »

Saw our Dr. re arthritis pain. He recommended exterior treatment and 100 mg per week adjustments increases or decreases for greater stability with RLS medication. So I wii go with Voltaren Emulgel for knee pain and 500 mg. of Gabapentin in 2 servings and see how that works. Goodnight all.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Did you ask him about the Requip withdrawal? I take it he is not familiar with treating that ....
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

april34

Post by april34 »

Everything went well last night and today. The knee pain was handled with Tylenol Arthritis tablets. One last night and one during the day. Next Dr. appointment is Sat. morning. Going with 400 mg. of Gabapentin tonight.

april34

Post by april34 »

Over the past 2 wks. Edith has had to increase the Gabapentin dose to 500 mg. per day. 200 mg. in late afternoon and 300 mg. 4 hrs. later. She still requires 1 Tylenol Arthritis every 8 hrs. for knee pain. Tonight I had to give her another 100 mg. Gabapentin just before midnight.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Is Edith sleeping well now? Is she finding the gabapentin to be effective at relieving her WED/RLS symptoms?

Remember she should be aware of her mood on this medication; if either of you notice what might be a worsening depression, tell her doctor about it.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

april34

Post by april34 »

Beth, Edith has not been doing well. She has geat difficulty falling asleep and when she finally does she continues with restless movements.

badnights

Post by badnights »

That's what I was afraid of. The gabapentin is not really taking care of the symptoms well enough for her to have a decent sleep, and her quality of life has decreased til she is just trying to get through the day. Her physician needs to be told this, as bluntly as possible, and then asked what solution he will try now.