Just joined

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Sleepless at night

Just joined

Post by Sleepless at night »

After reading much here, I felt compelled to join. Hello to all, and I pray that someday
There is a cure. It's a terrible disease, and it seems no one cares except we, who have it.
Someday I hope that changes. Thank you for having me.

Rustsmith

Re: Just joined

Post by Rustsmith »

Sleepless, welcome to the group.

There has been quite a bit of research progress in the last year or so, particularly by the National Institute of Health in the area of identifying adenosine as the common link between our dopamine and glutamate and how low iron levels in the brain are common to all of this. The potential for a new line of medicines to treat RLS that could be available in the next year or so is particularly encouraging.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Welcome, Sleepless. Thanks so much for being part of the community. Together we support each other, learn about new options from each other, and share ways to work with the issues of being in the world with RLS. No question - we care!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi sleepless, and welcome.
What you said pretty much summarizes it truly. No one who doesn't have it seems to understand, but the few who do are a godsend.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.