Cannabis Oil for RLS?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Wealden1640

Cannabis Oil for RLS?

Post by Wealden1640 »

I have been reading/hearing a lot about using Cannabis Oil for RLS. Supposedly, it is now legal in all 50 states. Has anyone tried it?

Rustsmith

Re: Cannabis Oil for RLS?

Post by Rustsmith »

You will find that things that work for some of us do not always work the same for others. I have found that CBD oil works almost immediately to resolve any anxiety that is caused by my RLS but that it doesn't do anything for my movement or insomnia issues. Also, THC is very effective in treating my insomnia, but does nothing for my need to move.

However, I have also seen reports for others with mild to moderate RLS who swear by CBD oil. So, it is pretty much a situation where you have to try it to find out if it works for you or not.

However, the one thing to be careful with is the actual CBD concentration of the product that you buy. There are reports in the media that part of the mail order CBD has less strength than advertised, so it can fall into the realm of some supplements that do not deliver as advertised simply because no one is watching them.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Wealden1640

Re: Cannabis Oil for RLS?

Post by Wealden1640 »

Good point...I've heard 4 Corners Cannibis is reputable, but not to take as many drops as it tells you to.
Pramipexole works great for me at night, as long as I take it on an empty stomach. But I can't take it during the day cuz it knocks me out. Just looking for something to take that will allow me to actually sit in a chair and read a book in the afternoon.