I think my husband has RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
nikkinmiss

I think my husband has RLS

Post by nikkinmiss »

My husband has described the same symptoms as explained with RLS, I have had similar experences but mine were due to taking to much nyquel or drinking coffee to close to bedtime. I have noticed that this tends to bother my husband more when he has worked more hours than normal, he is a metal building erector and does construction work. I know its really hard to sleep with him with this problem he jerks all night and I know he isn't sleeping well and having to get back up at 5 am. Is there anything I can do to help him with this. trying to get him to go to a doctor is almost impossible.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi nikki

Sorry to hear about your husband. RLS is wicked. You never know when it's going to be worse than other times, and you really don't know how to fix it or help it.

If he won't go to the doctor, try getting him to take iron and vitamin B12. Seems to be a general theory that these seem to help. I have a lot of pain with mine, so, these don't help so much.

Try putting bars of soap under the sheet ....sounds crazy and I've not tried it, but a LOT of people say that it works for them.

Lastly, sex. Some people have mentioned that having sex seems to alleviate their symptoms some.

But most of all, find him a doctor that knows about RLS . Search around for a good neuro. Have patience and it's nice to know that you don't think he's crazy. That, to me, is the worst part of this disease. People thinking you're nuts.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Nikki and Penguin,

There are some good links and other info in this thread. It might help you help him.

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1023

Ann