I've returned!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.

Would you be interested in a blog about rls and nutrition, including recipes?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Yes!
67%
No, too boring!
33%
No, you are not a professional nutritionist!
No votes
Yes, and I'd love to contribute information or recipes!
No votes

Total votes: 3

KDecker1612

I've returned!

Post by KDecker1612 »

Hello everyone. I can't believe it's been two years since I posted! I had a pretty good run with a lessening of symptoms but now it's getting worse again. Some of you might remember, I tried to start a live chat site. Sill wish I could make that work but it's a tough nut to crack.

For those who don't know me I've had severe rls for over 30 years. Last summer I took an opportunity to work from home for my company. I'm still an employee though I'm now part time and get no benefits. The pay stinks but the flexibility is priceless. Being poor has spurred me into thinking about starting a business. I love to write so I'm thinking about starting a blog. One thing I have learned is the importance of good nutrition in managing rls. I'm curious if anyone would be interested in following a blog about this. I'd tell my own personal experiences with rls and what I've learned about how diet affects us. I'd post recipes or share links to some of my favorites from other people or websites. What are your thoughts?

badnights

Re: I've returned!

Post by badnights »

I would be interested in more of a discussion about WED/RLS and nutrition, where many people could share their experiences, ideas, and pointers to relevant research.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Interesting idea! I have been thinking of blogging, too, but in a different area. If you do it, let me know. I need someone to spur me on, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Bridgercan

Post by Bridgercan »

I’m game, as I like to write too, and a foodie to boot. Though my spouse is the better cook, I do enjoy cooking when it’s time for me to pinch hit on whipping up dinner. Plus I need all the inspiration I can get to eat better and sidestep my big food RLS triggers (sugar, salt, and processed food) with healthier but satisfying options.

Keep me posted!

KDecker1612

Post by KDecker1612 »

Awesome! I'm finding this new way of eating is not as boring as I thought it would be. It's especially rewarding when I make something that my husband also loves. He's lost about 10lbs! I will definitely keep you posted:)