Gabapentin start and stop ok?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
johnmarg

Gabapentin start and stop ok?

Post by johnmarg »

Taking 600 MG now for RLS.

Would it be ok for example to take 900MG one night, then 600 , then go off one night then back to 900?

Basically need to know if this would be OK with no withdrawal to worry about. Some nights, i need more to sleep better so I want to increase it and other nights dont need it as I can use an Ambian or mirapex to replace it for a night. Thank.

stjohnh

Re: Gabapentin start and stop ok?

Post by stjohnh »

No withdrawal, but the night off gabapentin is likely to be bad. How often do you take the Mirapex and Ambien? What doses?
Blessings,
Holland

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I often bounce back and forth between 600 and 900mg of gabapentin. It takes longer to fall asleep when I drop down, but that is about it. No other symptoms. Stopping on the other hand is likely to result in a bad night, as Holland said.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

johnmarg

Post by johnmarg »

I only take the ambian once every 3 or4 days and only take `/4 or 1/2 of a tablet. The mirapex only once a week