Weird Arm and Leg Sensation Help

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
engyte0

Weird Arm and Leg Sensation Help

Post by engyte0 »

I started having this weird sensation a couple months ago where I am about to fall asleep, however I can feel as if my arms and legs are getting "heavy" so I have a urge to move them.... and the minute I move them I wake myself up from my sleepiness and I end up tossing and turning for the rest of the night. Anybody else ever experience this? Would this be RLS?

Rustsmith

Re: Weird Arm and Leg Sensation Help

Post by Rustsmith »

Many of us have premonition type symptoms as warnings of RLS that is about to occur. I suspect that these warning symptoms vary from person to person, but since language makes it hard to describe RLS urge feelings to someone who does not have it, I would expect that the same holds true for the warning signs.

So, the answer to your questions are Yes. Many of us have warning sensations and it could be part of your RLS.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Welcome. Do you have RLS regularly?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

engyte0

Post by engyte0 »

ViewsAskew wrote:Welcome. Do you have RLS regularly?
Just recently past couple months.... and not sure when it triggers though as some days I'll have it some days I won't, its been real frustrating

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is relatively typical, unfortunately.

There are criteria to help us decide if it is RLS. http://irlssg.org/diagnostic-criteria And, I copied them below:

1. An urge to move the legs usually but not always accompanied by or felt to be caused by uncomfortable and unpleasant sensations in the legs.1, 2

2. The urge to move the legs and any accompanying unpleasant sensations begin or worsen during periods of rest or inactivity such as lying down or sitting.

3. The urge to move the legs and any accompanying unpleasant sensations are partially or totally relieved by movement, such as walking or stretching, at least as long as the activity continues. 3

4. The urge to move the legs and any accompanying unpleasant sensations during rest or inactivity only occur or are worse in the evening or night than during the day.4

5. The occurrence of the above features are not solely accounted for as symptoms primary to another medical or a behavioral condition (e.g., myalgia, venous stasis, leg edema, arthritis, leg cramps, positional discomfort, habitual foot tapping). 5
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS