Old member/Stitch - New member today/JAR

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Jar

Old member/Stitch - New member today/JAR

Post by Jar »

I don't have much time now, going to see the dr. I use to post here back in the 1980's(?) under the nick Stitch. Well I am now 84 and having lots of problems. I will post more later but I can't sleep any more, legs move all the time. I want to see what the dr has to say. It's good to be back. Laters

Rustsmith

Re: Old member/Stitch - New member today/JAR

Post by Rustsmith »

Welcome back, but sorry that you are having problems and needed to return. Hopefully your doctor can provide some help.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's been quite awhile since you were here, Stitch - maybe ten years? So sorry you needed to come back.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi Stitch! I remember you posting in the 90;s when I was new here. So sad things have gone downhill :( How are you doing?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Jar

Post by Jar »

I hope I can go back to my old name Stitch/Jeannie I have lots to talk about and not any of it is good. I really don't know where to start but since I have been gone there is nothing new for RLS people. Or is it the doctors still don't know enough yet? I thought their would be more new things to help people, especially as you get older. I haven't been around because I am in so much pain from my back. (some things never change) But now it's the legs, they never stop. I knew I was given too much Mirapex at 1.5mgs three times a day. It worked for a long time but they were getting ready to up it again. So I asked for a blood test tp check the ferritin levels and B12 levels because I have always been low in iron. Both came up low. Over the weekend one night I didn't sleep at all. Not for 24 hours. At 84 years old this June the 8th a lady needs her beauty sleep. Well cutting back on the Mirapex I believe it was helping the legs from jumping. This weekend the pills will be lowered again. Right now My husband it over seeing that change. I have also been getting augmentation and that won't go away until we get the right level of and type of meds. I was not happy last week when the depression set in. I am trying to knit a Christmas Stocking but I keep falling asleep and making mistakes. So far I have knitted 35 stockings in the past 30 years. My health is very good for my age but I have to use a walker all the time now. We have also had a complete life style change in the past 4 years. We moved from Ocean City, MD back to Virginia. I can't drive any more TOO much traffic going TOO fast. We are in a two bedroom apt for over 55 year old's and that part is good. I really shouldn't complain because Doug and I are very happy after 31 years of marriage. I know I could sleep better if they would give me back my Clonazepan at 2mg's. I can only sleep on my back because of the 5 surgeries I have had. One more thing - I am a big big big base ball fan and of course the NATIONALS are my team. What a year last year and now no base ball. I guess I better stay awake so I can knit. Don't forget I see the moon and the moon see me, and the moon sees the one that I want to see. God bless the moon and God bless me and God bless the one that I want to see. I have missed you all and stay safe. Stitch

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Stitch, how good to hear from you. I remember you from my early days here.
You are right that your Mirapex was way too high. I also was on way too high Ropinerole at 5mg for about 20 years when maximum is now considered best at 1mg, and last year took myself off it over a long time. Things are so much better without it and I manage now with Codeine and Pregabalin. With a touch of Kratom now and again. Now that your ferritin is low are you taking any iron.

It's great to hear that your husband is on board and helping you. He can keep a close eye on you.
I also sleep very poorly and can empathise with you, sleeping tablets don't work for me.
And I'm also a knitter but these days keep it simple. I've just finished knitting 80+ squares of various patterns and subtle colours, and have them all stitched up into a throw. At the moment I'm working on cotton dishcloths, they are so much better than store bought. Like you sometimes I doze off and come to, to find half of the row has slipped off the needles.

Good luck and I hope you have as easy a Mirapex reduction as is possible.

It's wonderful to hear that your house move was a good choice, you sound happy (all things considered).
Please stay with us, it is soooo good to hear from you.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Stitch - I sent you an email a few days ago ... from rlsfmods.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.