Sheets

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
squirmy nights

Sheets

Post by squirmy nights »

Can anyone recommend what kind of sheets to buy that won’t rip or pill so fast with lots of leg movement?

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Welcome to the group Squirmy. Generally 100% cotton pills less than cotton/polyester blends or 100% polyester.
Blessings,
Holland

Yankiwi

Re: Sheets

Post by Yankiwi »

Watch for sales and get the highest 100% cotton thread count you can afford. My sheets feel satin-y.

ViewsAskew

Re: Sheets

Post by ViewsAskew »

If you can find them, percale cotton will last much longer. Most of us like the nice out-of-the-box feel of cottons that are a sateen finish, as well as that they do not wrinkle as much. They do not last as long in my experience.

My mom still has some percale sheets she had when I was growing up. She has RLS, but not PLMS. I have percale sheets I bought at least 12-15 years ago. But, I just threw out a 100% cotton sheet that was 4 years old - it was the softer, less wrinkly sateen. It seems to me that it is hard to find percale sheets - at least 70-80% of cotton sheets I see are sateen.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.