I think I've got RLS - what do I do??

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
pamzam70

I think I've got RLS - what do I do??

Post by pamzam70 »

I think I've got RLS. I'm a 35 year old, married mom of a 3 year old and have been having what I call "crazy legs" for a LONG TIME (probably since my teens). However, I've noticed within the last couple of years, it's gotten worse.

I've got ALL the symptoms - tingling sensations, feelings like I have to jump up and get moving and stretching (which tick me off because I just want to SLEEP), the involuntary reflex of 'kicking' (this drives my husband nuts)...However, I don't have this every night. Maybe just a few times a week (if that). I guess I should start keeping a journal of when I get these sensations...

I've tried cutting back on the caffiene (although I don't drink that much soda at all), but I don't find this helps much. Actually, I never know when I'm going to get my 'crazy legs' - all of a sudden, I'm lying in bed and here I go, kicking away.

Any suggestions? Should I see a neurologist or my regular doc for starters? I really don't, DON'T want to take meds for this (from what I'm reading on other posts, it sounds like a lot of folks do), but is that the only option?

It's almost midnight as I'm writing this - Yep, you guessed it, I had crazy legs and it was driving me crazy!!! I have read to do something to 'keep your mind off it' so I'm online! Ha!

Please, PLEASE if anyone can give me any suggestions on how to alleviate (sp) my symptoms or how to contact a doct specializing in RLS, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Pam

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey Pam, Read all you can here and then find a doc that knows about rls and then stand your ground............... I finally went to a sleep doc and because I have educated myself about this he listens and we work together. Good luck and feel free to visit all yoou want~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae