?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
jddaadajd

?

Post by jddaadajd »

Back in the fall of 2001 I started to have this numbness in my right thigh about 6 inches up from my knee. I didn't think anything of it so I let it go. I started to have tingling in my thigh and it was driving me crazy. It was like the feeling of your foot waking up after you sat wrong for a period of time. I went to the Dr and he gave me a MRI, which resulted as a degenerative bone disease. He stated that it might be like a pinched nerve. I left it at that. I started to have alot of tingling and I thought I would try a neurologist and I was very disappointed with her because she didn't tell me anything new. I discovered a lump in the thigh and was having alot ot tingling and jumping while I sat and decided to go to another neurologist last June and I got another MRI, looking for MS and whatever else he could find along with a nerve conducting test. The results were periphial nerve damage. I had recently read an article in our daily newspaper about RLS and was wondering if this is what I might have. I just have tingling that feels like current being sent down your leg(occasionally) with some jerking loccasionaly, always numb. I'm not tired. By the way the lump supposedly was an ingrown hair.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear J - I am new to this too, but I read in some of the info from links I found on this site that RLS can be associated with periphial nerve damage. Hope that you have found a dr who will be work with you to manage your symptoms and aleve your discomfort. Hazel