thank god im not crazy

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
colleen

thank god im not crazy

Post by colleen »

oh lord what a relief to find this i was watchin tv the other night and over heard a comercial from the other room ,i herd something about restless legs ,and PERK !!!!!!!!!!! i said back up the bus !!!!!!!!!! i been suffering from this since oh my lord ,i dont even rememeber when it astarted and it has driven me literily insane at time ,the undecriable torture that goes on inside my legs at night ,that makes me want to shake them right out of there sockets ,,wowowowowowowo deep sigh ,im still in shock ,anytime i have tried to explain this to anyone ,im looked at like i have 5 heads .what a relief
oh by the way hello ,im Colleen ,and im very excited to be here

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Colleen! :D Welcome aboard.

RLS is a lousy condition to have.... but I'll be darned if at least KNOWING what it is doesn't beat the heck out of going through it night after night NOT knowing!

It was a huge relief to me to put a name on my "nightly foot thing" when I accidentally heard about RLS a number of years ago. Sometimes people still look at me like I have 5 heads when I try to tell them about RLS.... :wink: ... but maybe now with the commercials on TV and such, that won't go on forever.

Welcome to the group. Read the past posts. Learn from us and share with us. We're all in this together. :D

Sara

???

Post by Guest »

Hi Sara i was running out the door when i wrote that first post ,was rushing ,i see what happens when i rush now and i dont no how to edit to correct my errors ,but than i was always on the d list in spelling ,i look forward to sittin down when i get time and reading through the post

was wondering ,if anyone else sees it as a emoitionally triggered disorder as well ??? i find when things are ruff in my life i seem to get the hebeeegeebeeeies real bad in my legs

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hello, again, Colleen--

Don't worry, no one grades you on your spelling around here. :wink: :lol:

I know some members notice increased RLS symptoms when they are stressed. Personally, I don't notice that. For example, I have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) as well as RLS, and I never notice that during increased anxiety I have increased RLS.

I DO notice, though, that fatigue makes my RLS worse (and since stress/anxiety and fatigue can be related, maybe that IS a relation of sorts?). If I've worked hard physically, or not gotten much sleep lately, or stay up past my normal bedtime, any of these things might cause my RLS to be worse than usual.

At least I DO sleep okay, though, once I get to bed. Many here do not. I'm most miserable sitting or standing. If I go to bed before my RLS gets really bad, usually I can distract myself enough with reading to get to sleep relatively readily.

Take care. Sara :D

colleen

Post by colleen »

im sittin here ,i just wanna ...................... ughhhhhhhh i dont even no ,just dont understand it ,i try so hard ,every night goin to bed is something that causes me anixity every night i try to not taboo myself ,try despretily to pretend that im not really worried about it commin again ,but under the surface of my thoughts it's there ,it's just waitin for that finger nails on the chalk board feeling to start creeping through my limbs and i try to think it away .and it starts small little twitches ,and i try some more to think it away ,than it just more and more intence untill im ready to just lose it ,i cry with frusration about this way to much ,it is a very lonily feeling ,being awake when u despretily want to be asleep and ur so tired but you no the second your head hit the pillow

its like that song on nightmare on elm street ,,lol 1 2 the creepies are commin for you three four keep ur mind busy think think think some more ,5 six i wish someone would give me a fix 7 eight ,this keeps me up wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to late ,nine ten feel like ill never sleep again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becat

Cool

Post by becat »

Colleen,
Totally cool with the picture.
You've been welcomed by a sweet and wonderful member.....Miss Sara.
I thought I'd add my two cents.
I do react to stress, hormones, weather, etc......but we're all slightly different in symptoms and what sparks them. The same, but not. LOL
Honey, your not crazy or driving yourself mad>>>>>>Many of us tend to freak out at bedtime. I think that's sorta normal for us.
If you can't outrun this stuff by sleeping, than that wonderful place that is suppose to bring comfort and rest.....well it becomes the war zone for many. Going to bed should not be a battle and often for us it is.
Until a year ago, I hated my bedroom. I knew I wasn't going to sleep or rest. It got to where I didn't even want to be in there.
I'm glad you found this website and this board. You'll learn tons and I love it that your sharing early on, from your heart.
As a newbie, you need to know that, you never know how much your helping by sharing with everyone. Someone might see themselves in your story. You might spark a thought in someone and they'll figure something new out.
I'm proof that a good treatment can happen. I'm sleeping so much better, living so much healthier, and my Quality of Life is greatly improved. What a difference the right treatment and one year can make.
Hugs to you all.

colleen

Post by colleen »

Imagevery much ,
i feel like a super ball in a very small empty room ,and i have finally found a few more super balls to join in my bouncing ,im gonna work on the diet situation ,coffee is the kicker for megod i love my coffee!
but i think it may be the colprut or at least one of them ,i feel like i induce my situation by thinkin about it ,f i could only ease my mind away from thoughts of it ,it wouldnt come ,but it is like a dominoe effect once i get it the first night it hits ,i fear it every night after .and it feeds on that thought process i think
again Image

kittykat

New

Post by kittykat »

Hi Coleen,
I'm new too and everything sets my RLS off. Stress, Fatique, even just trying to be still and relax will cause me to jerk and feel like bugs are in my feet. I allways called it my nervous spells and still do most of the time. I am 59 and didn't know what I had untill recently. What a relief to know I'm not alone. I've been alone with this my whole life and it was torture trying to ask Drs for help. They act like your crazy or a drug addict just wanting drugs. I stay so depressed all the time. I have a bad back and a bad knee and the Paxil makes me gain weight which is bad for my back and knee. I can't walk during the day and I can't sleep at night. I feel like I'm in a prison sometimes. I'm going to ask my Dr about Miripex or something else that maybe will help me. Well I better shutup and quit rambling. Welcome to the group. Goodnight ( I hope) to eveyone.

kittykat

colleen

Post by colleen »

thank you kitty for the welcome and thanks sara and becat ,im gonna give this sleep thing a try ,funny when i was with my husband{goin through divorce} ,and he used to bring up my leg issue{example if i hadnt had a spell in a while he would say wow your legs been ok for a few days } i would get freaked out and tell him he wasnt allowed to even mention the leg thing that it may come back because he implanted the seed of thought for it to grow ,just something funny i just rememeber thats all
god grant me the serinity to SLEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hello Colleen, and welcome!!!!!

Hi Becat, Sara, and Kittykat! I have to tell you Colleen that if it weren't for this board, and these wonderful people that I've come to know and love, I believe I would have checked myself in to the nearest mental ward!!!! Or someone would have checked me in.

I went for a sleep study. When they told me it was RLS, I kinda shrugged my shoulders and said "that's all" THAT'S ALL! What the heck was I thinking!!!!!! With me, it's not just the moving, it's also a LOT of pain.

Part of the problem is Fibromyalgia along with this.

Anyhoo, welcome welcome! Hang out, vent, cry, laugh, anything to make yourself feel sane again.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

Good morning to you all from a hot and humid day in Texas. I had a bad night last night even with my med's. I had to sit for 8 hours yesterday with getting up only two times for 10 minute breaks and my body didn't like that. I also have Fibromyalgia along with the RLS and today I am not feeling well. I took my medicine three hours before bedtime like usual but it didn't seem to work very well which it has been working great. Maybe it was just all the sitting yesterday and not being able to get up and move.

I have a great Dr. who treats my Fibromyalgia and RLS as well as my high blood pressure and asthma. He is very understanding and believes in medication to help with the pain for both the Fibro and the RLS. I am currently on Requip .50 mg for the RLS and Soma and Xanax for sleep for my anxiety and Fibro problems.

It is nice to have a place to call home on this board with others who suffer as well when some people don't quite understand that RLS is really a diagnosis along with Fibromyalgia.

Donna
Donna

becat

Ya'll say hi to Donna

Post by becat »

Hi ya Miss Donna,
Ya'll say hi to Donna, she's practically a neighbor to me. Nope haven't, met as yet but I'm sure that will happen soon.
Donna I'm with you, sleep was not in the plan last night. In fact I wish it would rain, think my legs would feel better for sure. I'm so sorry about the Fibro.. It's wonderful to hear that you have a good doc.. That can be half the battle with some of us.
Ive been off schedule this week and the meds have had to wait, our nighttime walk last night was late, ugghhhh dinner later. So it's no surprise to me that I'm hurting this week.
The kids start school on Monday, so maybe a rut will happen shortly>LOL I want a rut, a normal routine, possible bordem will follow. LOL I'm so old.
Your also correct this board is just a wonderful place. Always with the people that share and care, understand what any diagnosis like this can mean to our lives.
Take care tonight all of you. Have a wonderful day if you are able.
Hugs to all

TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

Becat I am in Plano, Texas, where in Texas are you? It is thundering very loudly right now and here's to hoping that we get some rain. I have done my ironing for the week, sheets are done, laundry is caught up, getting ready to do the bathrooms and then we are going up to McKinney to take my Mother to do her errands and then out to eat. Do you suffer from Fibro also? My feet are really bothering me today so I am hoping that the med's kick in when I take them at dinner and that I get a good nights sleep.

Donna
Donna

becat

Hi Donna

Post by becat »

Honey When I said neighbors, I meant it. LOL
I'm in Plano as well. Yes, I got blinked today and a bit of rain, but not much.
No, as far as I know I do not have fibro.. My pain is consistant and doesn't move around. I've been given RLS by both my parents. Although I did get a break from horrible pain thing in my late teens and early 20's. By 30, along with an accident, the mean painful RLS came back with something to prove.
Pain is a new concept for many in the RLS community. Just 4-5 yrs ago I was told that RLS was not painful. After finding this group and this board I learned that maybe as many of 50% of RLSers have pain.
I'm currently on a preety good treatment path, but like you wish the legs and feet would behave. Yes, I'm hoping sleep finds me tonight.
I hope those roads aren't too slick. Be careful and have a good dinner.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Welcome Colleen, You will find many interesting responses on this board and many many wonderful ppl. Becat what kinds of meds does your doc have you on as I have the painful type of rls too. And like you i got it from both parents and my dads mother had it too.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!