Muscle Fatigue

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
iamallart

Muscle Fatigue

Post by iamallart »

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Does anyone know to relieve/heal muscle fatigue?

I had an episode last week with a lot of muscle pain in my arms, biceps & forearms. Now, my muscles feel drained/exhausted!

My neurologist told me to "rest" but it's not making my arms any better

I've tried a heating pad (seems to help the most)
Eating (as if the calories might give me strength?!)
TENS (helps while I've got it on)
Long hot shower
Flexeril, Ibuprophen
These things offer some relief, but still, my arms are drained

Anyone have any other ideas??
Does it just take time to heal?
How long?

Rustsmith

Re: Muscle Fatigue

Post by Rustsmith »

I had an episode about a year ago where most of the muscles in my body went through an extremely bad night. I ended up on Fexeril for a couple of days along without being able to do much (not because of the soreness). After that, I mostly did stretching exercises and used a foam roller to work out the rest of the soreness.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

iamallart

Post by iamallart »

Thank you!!

I met with a physical therapist yesterday who gave me a few stretches (at my request). At 5pm, I could not even do one. This morning, I could do all three, with moderate effort.

I will keep up the stretches!!

Thanks again & Happy holidays

badnights

Post by badnights »

Also, it may seem like a no-brainer, but if a heating pad or soaking in a hot tub makes it feel better, do that.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.