Spine stimulater

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Cfree10516

Spine stimulater

Post by Cfree10516 »

Has anyone used a spine stimulater to help with rls. They want me to try it for a week.

debbluebird

Re: Spine stimulater

Post by debbluebird »

I just had the trial and got my permanent one put in about 3 weeks ago. I have a thread about it under physical treatments. My RLS is now gone but then reason I got the stimulator was for leg spasms. Now RLS is gone and only one spasm a night. Is your RLS severe? Some nights I have had no spasms. I no longer have to get up when they hit at night which I had to do before.
The spinal stimulator is a hit and miss. They will tell you that they hope for 50% improvement. I would say I am getting 90 to 95 % relief.
I have been weaning off the methadone and I am down to a half tablet. I was taking 10 mg a day. In a few days I will be totally off meds. I am sleeping 7 to 8 hours.
They told me it could work for RLS, I asked. They place it in the same area as for any leg issues, pain, spasms, etc. I have 2 months of restrictions until it heals. No bending, no lifting over 8 pounds and no twisting. I have a reacher to pick stuff up. I am allowed to squat, bending my knees to pick stuff up. It's an annoyance but I will get through it.
Good luck to you. Do the trial. That will tell you if it will work. I had two trials.
There is a thread under Non prescription Meds for Spinal Stimulator and under Physical Treatments.

Polar Bear

Re: Spine stimulater

Post by Polar Bear »

This is a wonderful result. Perhaps even better than you could have hoped for.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation