RLS and the COVID Vaccine

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Munchkin

RLS and the COVID Vaccine

Post by Munchkin »

My RLS is very severe and many medications have caused my symptoms to seriously exacerbate, including some that were not expected to cause problems. Have any of you taken the vaccine and, if so, how did it affect your RLS symptoms? - Munchkin

stjohnh

Re: RLS and the COVID Vaccine

Post by stjohnh »

I haven't taken the vaccine, but I did have Covid-19. Really sick for a week, but didn't cause any RLS symptoms to worsen.
Blessings,
Holland

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I had my vaccine about one month ago and it didn't affect my RLS symptoms in any way.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I had both of my shots (Pfizer) in January and they didn't do anything to my RLS. I felt out of sorts the day after the second shot, but that was all.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I get my second shot next week.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

I had my first shot of Moderna two weeks ago. My legs lit up for the rest of the day but besides a sore arm it subsided in a few hours.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

At the roll out rate in New Zealand it will take years before we are all vaccinated. Yes, we're safe now but the economy will still be in the dumps when the rest of the world is recovering.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I got Pfizer last Friday. I had worsened RLS, but I was reducing the opioid at the time - my guess is that the med reduction was the cause.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

I have not gotten the vaccine yet... too worried about possibility of having RLS get worse. However, I believe I had COVID last year in January 2020 when I got really sick and had all of the symptoms. It was a long tuff virus, but I got over it. However, I'm glad I did ask everyone here as I was surprised NO ONE had any symptoms. If someone has gotten worsened RLS symptoms, please let me know. Thank you!

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Ann,

Did your RLS get better after the vaccine at some point?

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I had my second Pfizer shot last week. No problems with either shot except a sore arm with the second. RLS no better or worse.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

peanut1 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:31 am
Ann,

Did your RLS get better after the vaccine at some point?
Nope. No change. I was vaccinated in March, I believe. Things worsened recently, but it is because I had an infusion and am starting to reduce meds to see if it has started to work. (it has not)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

bwendt

Post by bwendt »

I have had both my Covid-19 shots (Pfizer) and did not see any increase to my RLS symptoms.