twitchings in calves question.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
paul9298

twitchings in calves question.

Post by paul9298 »

Was dignosed several years ago and suffer all the usual systems.

Question I have is that when I look at my calf muscles they are constantly twitching and moving . There is not sudden jerking or associated jerking of the legs .

Its almost looks like something crawling under the skin.

I'm in not any pain but was wondering if this is a system on RLS?PLM or could it be something unrelated?

Rustsmith

Re: twitchings in calves question.

Post by Rustsmith »

The twitching is called a "Fasciculation" and is not something directly related to your RLS. There can be a number of things that lead to this benign condition. Things like being low in magnesium, a side effect of a medication that you take or fatigue. When I was running marathons, my calf muscles seemed to have a life of their own once I stopped running.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.