How you sleep, IBT Inclined bed therapy and RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Clay

How you sleep, IBT Inclined bed therapy and RLS

Post by Clay »

THE WAY YOU SLEEP IS KILLING YOUR SPINE, FIX IT TODAY BY DOINT IBT !

After practicing IBT for a year I have discovered……

Your spine is in compression the entire time you sleep on a conventional bed surface, that is parallel to the floor.
Add to those stresses more of the same from daytime everyday “life” movements and this is a disaster for your health and well being.

The main problem is throughout your entire life, your spine has very little time to HEAL itself while sleeping with it constantly under compressive loads.

I believe there are numerous back issues including RLS that can be improved by doing IBT and if you search older posts on this site, it is mentioned but I believe lacking the year of experience I have had doing this as well other info I offer to you below.

Enter…… IBT….. Inclined Bed Therapy.
IBT is done simply by raising the head end of your bed 6” which puts your ENTIRE bed on about a 5 degree incline.
This puts your spine in NON COMPRESSION and allows it to heal itself for HOURS, while you SLEEP.

I have been doing IBT for about a year and after 70 years of back problems, (two concussions, severe whiplash, and frankly, just plain doing dumb things that hurt my back) I now have no back problems to speak of.

IBT has also reduced my foot neuropathy to a point that it is just background noise rather than the constant irritation it was for so many years and again I believe this was possible by getting my spine healed.

This has made a stunning improvement in my quality of life and it will work for you too if you try it.

Today a friend contacted me who just started IBT, doing it for about a week and her RLS while not eliminated completely in this short time, “ has improved a lot”.

So if you continue to sleep on a “flat” conventional bed surface with your spine in compression you are doomed to perpetuate back problems (and this may include RLS if my friends experience is any guide)

I believe IBT will make your spine the best it can be as back problems vary from person to person but considering the problems I had before with my back, I think improvements are available to many of you and this will begin to happen in just days so just try it!!

You will truly be amazed how great you can feel again doing IBT and how SIMPLE it is!
Clay Vyzralek

badnights

Re: How you sleep, IBT Inclined bed therapy and RLS

Post by badnights »

Hi Clay
I also have had the head of my bed (and the end of my couch where I often sleep :) ) raised, for about 2 years now. I sleep much better, so even when I'm sleeping in a tent now (for work or fun) I pile some of my gear under the head of the sleeping mat to raise it (I also need a bag under my knees, or at home, a big pillow). I can't say it has eliminated my WED/RLS but it helps some.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Clay

Post by Clay »

Hi badnights,
It's a shame more people don't know about this.
I read that some animals in the wild (watch out they may want to join you in your tent!) seek out an incline when sleeping and that people who travel and frequent hotels take equipment to raise their bed.
I find after a year of IBT when I lie on a horizontal bed surface I get the feeling my head is lower than my body.
I use to do the pillow under my knees for many years but for me, the last year I find my back no longer needs the pillow and that in itself feels very unusual.
Continued success, and now it is up to us to convert as many people as we can!

badnights

Post by badnights »

I've noticed that too! That I no longer need something under my knees for my back. I still keep a big pillow down there, but mostly I push my feet against it if I'm lying on my side, or sometimes I'll lie on my back with my legs crossed on top of it, but mostly I wake up and I've just kicked it out of the way. And my back feels fine. Definitely a thing I've noticed too.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.