30 Years of brutal RLS and Vitamins took it away!!!!

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Latsha

30 Years of brutal RLS and Vitamins took it away!!!!

Post by Latsha »

I have had RLS since I was 20 years old (I'm now almost 50). In the last 15 years it has become unbearable. It starts almost as soon as I lay down and lasts until about 4am. I have to walk on the cold floor to get any relief or sleep on my knees which is very difficult. Sitting helped a little but if my feet touched the carpet it would make my RLS even worse. About 3 weeks ago, I knew I had to do something. I really didn't want to go on meds so I looked for anything else that might help. I read something about possible vitamin deficiencies which I had heard about before but just thought there is no way a vitamin deficiency could cause this agony. Well I was wrong!!! The article listed possible vitamins that might help; so I took them all. In TWO days it was gone! I just couldn't believe it. I'm on day 15 and I'm still in disbelief that this helped. In 4 years, there has not been a night that I haven't had a bad case of RL so this isn't a fluke. I waited to tell anyone just in case. But I'm just so thankful that I wanted to share with others in hopes this could be their issue also. If you would like to know what I am taking let me know.

ViewsAskew

Re: 30 Years of brutal RLS and Vitamins took it away!!!!

Post by ViewsAskew »

Awesome, Latsha.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

How brilliant is that!! Well done.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

thehagsman

Post by thehagsman »

Can you elaborate on the vitamin you took and the article recommending them?

Latsha

Post by Latsha »

I don't have the article but this is what I'm taking all about 30 minutes before bed.
It only took a few days to work. I am at 4 weeks now with no restless leg and I have had it every night for years. I still can't believe it was vitamin deficiency. (2) vitamin C 500, (2) 200mg magnesium, 1- (25mcg) D3, 1 (500 mcg) B12, and 1- 45 mg slow release iron in the evening. I realize this isn't everyone's issue but it sure is worth a try. Praying it works for you.

maulsby

Post by maulsby »

It is interesting that you can remember all of the vitamins, but you can't remember the article that you read. A miracle cure for sure.

Latsha

Post by Latsha »

I wrote down the vitamins while I read. Why would I need the article after that? And yes for me it is a miracle cure. You must be on here because you have RLS, so I'm guessing you were grumpy and tired while writing this. Hope you are able to get some help from someone else on here.

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Years ago when I first found this website, I read a comment by a man who had figured out a daily regimen that helped him. It included 500 mg of vitamin C, 800 iu of vitamin E, at least 500 mg of magnesium and two capsules of Valerian, the latter taken before bed.

Does anyone else remember this person's regimen? I continue to take it daily and have noticed that vitamin E is the most helpful of all. If I skip it, my legs start to twitch.

I think I will add a low dose of Iron...thanks for your post on vitamins and RLS.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Warrior, I'm sorry I am unable to help you with regard to the regime of a member from years ago. My memory just isn't that good,
I'm glad that you continue to benefit from the vitamins and good luck with adding a low dose of iron.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation