ketamine infusions

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
bonesbikes

ketamine infusions

Post by bonesbikes »

Do these infusions help RL?

badnights

Re: ketamine infusions

Post by badnights »

A report describing two cases suggests that ketamine does help WED/RLS: https://journals.lww.com/anesthesia-ana ... ss.34.aspx. At least, it helps the type of WED/RLS caused by nerve damage (the authors speculate that there is such a type). Also there is one anecdote on this board that it has helped but the effect lasted less than an hour (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10326&p=100435&hili ... ne#p100435).

However, as pointed out in this post (viewtopic.php?p=102598#p102598), recreational use of ketamine has been linked to cognitive defects in people and to brain damage (cell death in the prefrontal cortex) in monkeys. Some of the cognitive defects in people went away when the ketamine was stopped or reduced, but some stayed.

There are some more posts about ketamine on this board, besides the ones I linked to above. Search in the top right to find them all.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.