Worried about drugs

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
HwG

Worried about drugs

Post by HwG »

Hi. Ive had RLS since I was in my early 20s, and I thought it was just me for years. After dealing with it for almost 30 years, I discovered it was a "thing" and I could get help. Now I'm in my sixties, and have maxed out the non narcotic drugs. Augmentation has been an issue. I hope to learn more about non medication treatment here that may work for me.

Polar Bear

Re: Worried about drugs

Post by Polar Bear »

Augmentation is horrendous and needs dealing with. Have you been using pramipexole or ropinerole and if so you will need to wean off the the drug. Perhaps you have already done this.
Non medication treatment can often help but is unlikely to work on it's own. Most RLS sufferers find that eventually an opioid is what helps.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation