SLEEP DISORDERS & RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Anonymous

SLEEP DISORDERS & RLS

Post by Anonymous »

I'm nearing 60 years old and can remember my grandmother, mother, and sister all having the "heebie jeebies" -- wanting to crawl out of our skin. I have had this feeling for as long as I can remember--even in grade school. I have realized this to be RLS for some time and my doctor is, to a degree, accepting. I have been taking Clonzapam for years, and the doctor most recently added Sinemet which was developed for Parkinsons. Some nights I find myself taking double doses to get any relief. Sometimes, Anacin will help if I take it along with the Sinemet and Conzapam. It's getting so that any time I sit down with nothing to do--regardless of the day or night--I get these feelings. Consequently, I try to keep as active as possible. I asked my doctor and my pharmacist just last week if there was anything new for RLS as my symptoms have been getting worse. They were not aware of anything although I told them my daughter saw something advertised on TV. Now I have read the material on Requip and want to get that information to my doctor.

Does anyone else have other sleep problems in addition to RLS? For instance, I scream, talk, fall out of bed, tell people off, cuss--it's like an alter ego coming out at night!

I'm also wondering if anyone experiences along with the RLS the same sort of thing but in your arms.

I make myself sound like a nut case, but this is getting beyond what I can tolerate. This summer I have been off my feet due to an unsuccessful foot surgery and will be returning to my teaching job Monday. With all this going on, I am tired all the time.

Can any of you give me some advice?

TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

I have been on Requip .5 mg for about three weeks now and it has been a life saver for me. I too have the feelings in my arms and hands. I have to stay busy all the time or I feel I am going nuts. My Dr. is very understanding and listens to me about my symptoms and doesn't dismiss me as nuts. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and take Soma 500 mg at bedtime, Xanax when needed and Lexapro 10 mg daily.

Donna
Donna