visable muscle spasm

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
magicmonette

visable muscle spasm

Post by magicmonette »

Hey y'all,
I am new, from south Louisiana, and diagnosed with RLS. My RLS has been getting much worse in the past 4 years (from 40-44 years old). You can actually see the muscles in my calves and upper thigh "pop" or "jump". My husband and kids will sometimes lay their hand on my legs and feel the jumping muscles like you would a kicking baby in the womb! Is it possible my RLS is something else? I only sleep when I take lunesta. I also have taken adderall for about 15 years. I have had jumpy legs off and on my entire life, but it seems to be worse during hormonal events (first period, child birth, now the "big M").

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else can see their muscle spasm in their legs and arms at night, car, tv, etc.

Thanks,
Monette

DustyLady

Visible spasms

Post by DustyLady »

Hello...

I, too have spasms during the waking hours that can be seen by others. I was browsing some links listed elsewhere on this site, and found one that talked about a sub-type of RLS called Dyskinesias While Awake that I thought described me to a tee. My ankles (and occasionally my feet and knees) will go into a forceful flexion, and stay in that position for a while. Then, when they relax, they do it all over again.

Good luck to you.

Dusty[/i]

Kris

Post by Kris »

Oh yeah, I get those all the time. Some of it might be the mirapex, but I had them before the mirapex.