I Think I Have RLS/New Here

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.

I Think I Have RLS/New Here

Post by Guest »

This is the second attempt I am making to share my bit as it didn't take the first time :?

I thank God for leading me to this site as I think I am on to something based on what I have read before I decided to register and post.

The reason I feel I have RLS stems from the fact that I would fit into the criteria of the symptom list and what I have seen others make mention of.

Let me explain some and see if anyone out there can give me a clue:

I lay in bed needing to move my legs as they have this feeling I call being "stale." Even when they aren't stale, I have to move them in order to get a semblance of sleep. I have recently taken to kicking my legs together where the ankles meet. I have even been told that my legs move when I do get sleep! The jerking of my legs and other body parts affects me too, pulling me out of my sleep and sometimes scaring me.

I have this same feeling in my arms and have had my niece and my fiancee pull my arms and my legs to give a feeling of normalcy to them. This is during the day, by the way, so this feeling is not limited to just night movement. There is also a tingling sensation involved. Sometimes the feeling is so deep, I have to kick, pull and move about to alleviate.

So far, I have not disturbed my fiancee, yet, he has told me of the movements I make in what little sleep I get. I have ran and walked and kicked all while in bed!

I hope I haven't rambled so or described to specific, but I am looking for a reason to believe I am not only not alone, but maybe, just maybe, I am in the right place to give and receive support.

God bless you all for living with RLS on a daily basis. Know that He is with you. I know as He lead me here :D

Thanks to anyone who replies :D

confirmednightowl

jumpyowl

Another owl, welcome!

Post by jumpyowl »

I do not know how I missed your topic. You wrote:

I lay in bed needing to move my legs as they have this feeling I call being "stale." Even when they aren't stale, I have to move them in order to get a semblance of sleep. I have recently taken to kicking my legs together where the ankles meet. I have even been told that my legs move when I do get sleep! The jerking of my legs and other body parts affects me too, pulling me out of my sleep and sometimes scaring me.

I would say you have a severe case of RLS/PLMD. 8) If you want to confirm it or find out how severe it is you need a sleep test with a guy in charge who knows about RLS/PLMD, not only sleep apnea or narcolepsy.

You could not get too much rest at night. Are you not sleep deprived? :(

What medications if any do you take?

Let us know some more details!
:oops:
Jumpy Owl