Entire body jerking, please help

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
debbie

Entire body jerking, please help

Post by debbie »

Please help,
Does anyone out there have these symptoms? I have had RLS for at least five years now. I have tried all RX's available with no result.
Now my whole body jerks. Not just at night anymore. I also have what the neuorologist calls severe attacks. My body will jerk about every 30 seconds for about 5 minutes, then I get nauseated and sometimes vomit. I get a headache and then I fall asleep, that's the only good part of it. I do fall asleep afterwards and I sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then I fell better.
I am to have a sleep study done the end of Oct and then I am going for a second opinion in Nov. I would appreciate an answer from anyone who has these symptoms.
Thanks Debbie

Annie26

Not sure

Post by Annie26 »

.............right now my right leg is effected. I only just found out that I have this thing. I hate it when no one replies to a post, especially when we all seem to be reaching out for help. I hope you get the answers you're searching for..............
Annie thanks you...........

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Debbie, It's Jan

I'm sorry you haven't received a reply to your questions. Annie, I hate to see a post go unanswered also, but I don't think it was intentional.

Debbie, I've had RLS for a long time, probably since I was a child. But, my goodness, I've never experienced what you are going through. It sounds horrible.

I can't address your particular problem, but hopefully, someone who knows more about your particular symptoms will answer you. In the meantime, please come back--vent--let us know how you are doing.

We do care!

Sincerely,
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jan and Annie, Debbie posted this in two places (probably unfamilar with the board and not sure which place would be best). Several people responded to the other post, so she wan't unanswered. It is so nice of both of you to be concerned about it, which is one of the reasons this is such a nice board 8) .

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jumping bean

my body jerks also

Post by jumping bean »

Yea, I have the same thing but I jerk mostly all the time. It's crazy....I can't sleep the whole night! I think it's the PLM (don't know if it's right) thing. I'm trying the newest med, requip and trying to reach the correct level. I'm really suffering now. Anyone have any suggestions?

trevb

Post by trevb »

sorry i m not good on meds but there are some good guidelines here on meds.... just search fr the requip (ropinirole) bit

http://www.medunet.info/members/efns/ro ... e-04.shtml

http://www.rlshelp.org/rlsrx.htm#Parkinson's

someone who knows better about requip will answer you soon dont worry.