A BIG 'THANK YOU'

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
grandmawowo

A BIG 'THANK YOU'

Post by grandmawowo »

Hi All.
It's been so long since I've checked the site .
I thank all of you for reminding me that we are all in this together and al lwe can do is listen, encourage , and when needed, just cry for someone who has rls worse than we do.
It breaks my heart to read your posts and know that there are so many of us who walk the floors all night, cry, clean our homes, go to Wal=Mart at 3 AM and try to live a daytime persons life when we are nighttime people.
Prayers for all of us and remember.
Don't cut off your limbs! You'l have phantom rls and nothing to rub:)

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Thank you Grandmawowo! Sometimes I need that reminder that the rls would still be there if I whop these ole legs off! *BG* The most recent doctor took me too seriously when he asked if I ever thought of dying... well yes, maybe then they would perform an autopsy and find out what the heck is wrong with me...guess my sense of humor was lost on him at that moment... I probably wasn't smiling when I said that...

Thank you for your prayers.

After years of nightly routines, cleaning house, remodeling tearing off wall paper, painting, building, Walmart at 3AM oh how I can relate... the ole body as well as the mind ain't keeping up ...

I am truly thankful that there is a beginning to this end... there is hope that my children and my grandchildren will not endure years of misdiagnosis...

Rowing with Becat and all the others, Hazel

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I guess a thank you for a "Thank You" is silly but here it is anyway. No matter what the posts are about anywhere on here, the main thing is that we ARE in this together and we do understand what the other is going through. Even though none of us suffer the same all the time, if you have only a "slight" case of RLS it is too much. Support is so important and even when the day comes that a true cure is found, the friendships made here will continue. Anyway I hope that a cure is found during my lifetime. I really do not want my daughters to suffer like this. So here I go on my soapbox! You can quit reading now if you want. Besides the support we give each other, if there is anything you can do to help support the RLS Foundation please do so. Maybe it's a dollar donation or whatever you can afford, maybe it's volunteering to get the word out. Maybe it's just talking to other people about RLS. Become a support group leader or help one in your area. Or talk to people here on the board. Support takes many forms. Do what you can to end this misery. Okay, I'm off the soapbox now. To both of you, I'll take my turn rowing anytime you need me. I'm thinking about learning to row with my legs. Maybe a paddle-boat? If they need to move, at least they can be of use to my friends! LOL
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Here Here Ruby

Post by becat »

Gotta love the name Grandmawowo, Welcome and your welcome and Thank you as well. We're glad to have you here. Yup we're rowing, somedays in circles, but we blame it on the medications!
I was up last night, again, and I never get over the feeling "don't wake the rest of the house up".....I just hate that. Told Miss Penguin today that if I had the bucks I'd buy a different house with someplace for me at night. RLS is pits, using nice words, but don't feel nice about it lately. You've refound a most wonderful group.
Hi Miss Hazel, I'm hoping this finds you better and in good hands with a new doctor and medication to go with it. I know your rowing hard and I only wish that new outboard motor would come in for us this Christmas...if not I've got extra duct tape. Hugs to you Darling!
Miss Ruby, I thought I'd use this message to tell you that I had my first group meeting last week and had a room full of RLSers and their Family members.
Loved it. Had one woman and her daughter drive in from Oklahoma (to Dallas), they need a group leader. That was a long drive for them.
On your que about donantions I offered a donation box and I held a raffle. I cleared the money to have something to raffle and still have an ongoing piggy bank for the foundation. Was it a huge profit, no, BUT! I intend to make a yearly donation to the foundation on behalf of our Greater Dallas/ Ft. Worth (getting that booked as we speak).
I'm hoping that I can get better at getting donations for the raffle and maybe some bigger bucks for the piggy bank.
I'm with you, we need research money.
Want a shocker............There are only 6 researchers in the world (according to my RLS expert) that are doing research on RLS in children.
Only for are in the USA. As adults we have it tough, but think about those kiddos trying to go to school and learn without sleep. I wanted to cry right on the spot.
Yes, donate, your time and become a group leader. Know someone rich?, get them to donate. I'm with ya.
Hugs to all and never alone.

Post by Guest »

So happy to hear about the support groups progress. That is truly wonderful! A few of us locals who have RLS various causes, some from medication they have to take, another with back injury, others like me not really certain, have been having our own little group consultations. We hope that soon we can organize something here via the hospital and hospital run fitness center. It would be great if we could visit with you in Dallas sometime! We need a girls road trip anyways and who better to travel with than fellow rls people!

Great idea use a paddle boat... though talk about going in circles, what kind of cadance can I manage when these legs twitch so much! hahahaha

New GP seems committed to working with me for the long haul, thank you God! his office seems a tad unorganized with new staff in training ... yet I am remaining hopeful. At least I feel less desperate... that is a good thing!

Love and Healing light to each of you, Hazel

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hazel, you are an inspiration. It was a great day when you found this board. . . you may think for you, we think for us.

You know, my doctor's office is often chaotic. He always has 'doctors in training' working there - sometimes an intake with me can take 35 minutes - I use my time wisely to educate these aspiring GPs about RLS and how important it is to know about it.

But, my doc is great! He chats with me at every visit about how much he's learned since I started coming. Yesterday when I saw him, he mentioned the HE HAS RLS! He didn't know what those odd pains where that he would get every so often when he was at rest, especially when trying to fall asleep. They would always go aways when he moved, or when his attention was gripped by something.

He's also figured out that a couple of his patients have it, although they are treated elsewhere at this time. He figured it out based on the meds they take (DAs) and their age (under 35). So he asked them, and yes, they have RLS.

If all doctors were like this, we wouldn't need this board for at least 1/2 of our posts! I think you have a winner, too, Hazel.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.