I'm Issuing a Challenge

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Rubyslipper

I'm Issuing a Challenge

Post by Rubyslipper »

I have posted on this subject before and here I am again. I am throwing down the gauntlet! I am challenging each and every person who reads this to join the RLS Foundation with a $25 donation. I can hear some of you now! Oh, great, another hand out for more money. But please read the rest of this post and then decide whether or not to join. As a member you will get a quarterly issue of NightWalkers newletter (which is an excellent source of current info and support), receive the latest RLS Medical Bulletin to take to your doctor and help the Foundation provide FREE educational material for patients and doctors. I can also hear some of you saying, (I have excellent cyber hearing, by the way!) “Yeah, and how much goes into the pockets of those at the Foundation?” Let me tell you, I have seen first-hand what a shoestring budget they have to make all we take for granted possible. What if we had never had this website? Where would most of us be? Alone and uninformed, that’s where. The RLS Foundation is the most reliable source of info on RLS there is. What if we didn’t have that? But most of all, how important is it for you as an RLS sufferer or for someone you love to have medications to help you live through this until someday the researchers find a cure? I firmly believe that day is coming. But if there are no funds available for research, we are a doomed lot. I realize that the pharma companies are researching for medication. That is a good thing. But we NEED a cure! Your donation can help with all of this. $25 can be hard to come by for some people; I’ve been there and know. Some people can afford more and hopefully will send more. What we can’t afford is to sit back and expect someone else to do it all. This is a disorder WE suffer from. I’ll bet most of you donate to the American Cancer Society, the Alzheimers’ Association or others. I do because those things have affected my family. I have three daughters who are showing signs of RLS. My heart breaks for them. That’s the real reason I am issuing this challenge. I DO NOT want anyone else to have to suffer with this horrible disorder if there is any way to prevent it. The only way that is possible is to find a cure, the only way that will happen is through research and research has to be funded. There’s the challenge. If you have read this far, I thank you. If you send in a donation, many more will thank you. Let’s see just how much we can raise for an RLS cure. Are you challenged? I hope so. My sincere gratitude to all of you. Rubyslipper
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)