Any Suggestions?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.

Any Suggestions?

Post by Guest »

I've had RLS for years, and I just found out that its a real problem. I've been to doctors for this and they had no clue what it was either. But it seems most of you on this forum are much older than me and mostly female... I'm a male and just barely 18 and I've had this for years... So am I just a rare case or is this something other than RLS? I have all the symptoms and the burning is only on the bottom of my feet and it keeps me awake for several hours nightly and has been getting worse over the years...

-I'M GOING INSANE!

jumpyowl

Dear Guest:

Post by jumpyowl »

Please give yourself a handle, especially if you expect replies. (And also, if you could delete the duplication post of yours, it could keep confusion to a minimum). Only you can do this quite easily before someone answers. Thanks. :)

I am a bit older than you but I am male and have had RLS much later in life. But this condition can be inherited and then it can start quite early!

Have you tried to find a doctor who understands RLS? Tell us approximately where you live and we can help. Also if you would describe your symptoms and list them in order of decresasing morbidity, it would be easier for us to comment and possibly help.

If you could do some reading and ask specific questions you get better help that way.
Jumpy Owl

CrazyFeet

Post by CrazyFeet »

Hi Guest! I understand your problem. I'm a 31 year old female and I have RLS in my feet. I've had RLS in my feet since I was a child...I can't remember a time when I didn't have it. But it has gotten progressively worse over the last 2 years causing severe insomnia. That's how I was finally diagnosed...through a sleep Dr. I have the feet burning thing also. I find there's not much I can do since putting them on a cold surface only seems to warm up the surface and making the feet burning worse. I've not seen much out there on the burning feet thing, and I guess I figured it was something else. I just got diagnosed 2 weeks ago. But one thing that helps (finally to the point, eh?! :) ) is that I keep a fan going and my feet elevated outside of the covers at night. Good luck with your persuit of relief, and as JumpyOwl says, get all the information you can. And feel blessed that you at least found out now so you can get some help. :D