sleeping with RLS/PLMS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
foggy

sleeping with RLS/PLMS

Post by foggy »

Do you sleep with someone who has RLS or PLMS (periodic limb movements in sleep)?

I'd like to hear from you about how you handle it or cope during the restless nights/times.

Also, what sort of things do you do to comfort/support your bed-mate through the suffering?

Anyone else feel free to reply on this topic, but I'm mainly interested in learning how I can better care for my wife.

Thanks in advance.
My wife has symptoms of RLS.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

My husband can not do anything really for me. So the best thing for us is for one of us to get good sleep so he sleeps in the spare room. I am the one with the rls/plmd and if he sleeps with me he is also up all night. But other than that theres not a lot he can do. You could try to massage her legs until she falls asleep but if she is like me you will probably end up in a different bed anyway. I kick all night long so it becomes uncomfortable for my husband. But the best thing for you is try massage and get rested so there is at least one rested person in the household
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!