New book promising to cure RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Raggedy Ann

New book promising to cure RLS

Post by Raggedy Ann »

Has anyone read the book offered on the internet guaranteed to cure RLS with out meds? :?:

jumpyowl

Book?

Post by jumpyowl »

More info on book please. Is this the one advocating the salt=free diet? :x
Jumpy Owl

jitterbug

Post by jitterbug »

Please do give the info (title / author) I'd be interested in checking it out myself. I can't guarantee that I'd be willing to go along with changing my lifestyle completely but I do know that for some people with the extreme cases, it would be well worth it.

My mother has terrible rheumatoid arthritis and recently went through a hip replacement (she had actually worn away half of the ball and socket joint and was still walking - barely) anyway, she'd found this diet that promised to give relief to arthritis sufferers. She had to give up just about everything she ever loved to eat but I tell you what... she was able to bare the pain. It amazes me sometimes to learn the connections between what we ingest and our aches and pains.

Sorry to babble - I just meant to ask for the name of the book!

sardsy75

Here we go again....

Post by sardsy75 »

*Sigh*

Here we go ... again

There is no CURE for RLS ... there is RELIEF (thankyou to all those who were about to jump down my throat!), but unless i've missed a major headline in the past few weeks, STILL NO CURE.

Do not bother wasting your $19.95 or whatever it is this woman is advertising her book for ... the magic "CURE" is nothing more than a "how to reduce salt in your diet" lecture.

I know of numerous people on various RLS support groups who have "succumbed" to the temptation, bought the book, only to realise that they've wasted their time and money.

This woman is nothing but a fraud who "feeds" on people who are sick and who will often go to great lengths to find the "magic cure".

I've personally dealt with this woman, and so have a number of friends; do not waste your time, it's not worth the disappointment.

sardsy75 wrote:Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:25 pm Post subject: Do NOT waste your money!!!!!

Save your money!

For those of you who are members of the RLS Foundation, they have been contacted regarding this woman, and her cure, and they checked it out.

In the last Nightwalker's edition there was an article about the site and it was a very polite, but concise put down of this e book!

Basically all it tells you is to go on a low salt diet, and buy your food from a certain company, and store it in certain brand name containers, etc. etc.

It is up to you but save your money.

She can provide "glowing" testimonials, however do you really think you can get a cure from a women who says: "I cannot put in big scientific terms, because the average reader would not be able to understand it."

Buyer beware!

HOW DO I KNOW????

Below is an a copy of a post I sent to the RLSSupport Group at Yahoo after I fired off an "inqury" email questioning this woman to the "nth" degree about this miracle cure. She bugged me for weeks with testimonials. She is a FRAUD, and has been around for long time. She also knows that the words "CURE FOR RLS" will get people running in from all directions, and there are people out there who are (and have been) gullible enough to pay the $20, only to find out they'd invested in useless information.

Date: Mon Nov 3, 2003 2:01 pm
Subject: RE: RLS--Followup to Your Inquiry

Hi Donna and everyone

I'm not sure this woman's even on our planet. I read the site 3
times, wasn't convinced, so fired off an email to tell them what I
thought.

The response is below (it would have been nice for her to get my name
right!!):

Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:09:17 -0800
From: "Turning Point Publications" <turningpoint@f...> | Add to
Address Book
To: "Nadia Russell" <sardine_1975@y...>
Subject: RLS eBook HONOR SYSTEM

Hello Nadine,

In order to reach as many RLS sufferers
as possible, I am considering offering my
eBook, Restless Legs Cured Naturally, on
the HONOR SYSTEM. I would send you the book
with no up front money from you. If you are
not impressed with it, you would pay me nothing.

But if you are impressed with it, and you see
that it helps to conquer your RLS, you would
then send a check for $12.95 to Turning Point
Publications, PO Box 486, Hudson MA 01749.

How can I make such an offer and trust you to
pay me? Because I know that after you read it,
you will be impressed with it, and you'll do
the honest thing and send me a check to pay for
it.

Please let me know if you would like to take
me up on this honest HONOR SYSTEM offer.

The book is unfailingly the answer to your RLS.

Best regards,
Marie Goodwin
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!