Possible Moderator Notice

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
becat

Possible Moderator Notice

Post by becat »

Board administrators are compiling a list of board participants who would be willing to be a moderator in the event of a vacancy. Staffing levels, as in any volunteer position, can change suddenly. Conflicting schedules, outside commitments, physical illness and the like can arise unexpectantly, each of these requiring immediate staff replacement. It would be helpful to have a list of several interested individuals who would be pre-approved by the Foundation, ready to fill vacated positions in the future if/when the need arises.

Please contact any board moderator if you are interested. The Foundation is ultimately responsible for approving all moderators and they will decide next steps in the application process.

The requirements are relatively easy and basic:
-Check for spam posts
-Remove spam posts and send the appropriate information to the Foundation; they determine whether to ban or remove members
-Move posts if a member person asks you to
-Delete double or triple posts when they occur
-When a questionable post appears (a person selling something, people have a strong disagreement, etc.), discuss with other moderators or the members what to do and then carry that out
-Assist the Foundation as needed regarding the board, rules for the board, etc.
-If you choose (some do, some don't), you can also answer posts that have been unanswered for several days to help new members from feeling ignored or overlooked
-Act in the best interest of the Foundation while responding and making decisions about what to do
-Work in partnership with the other moderators, such as letting them know when you will be away for a few days, etc.

To do this, you do need regular access to a computer and to the Internet.

Sincerely,

Becat, Hazel, and Ann

pat

moderating

Post by pat »

I am happy to help. am on the PC all day and leave it on most of the day becuase my dh is in the Coast Guard and that is how we communicate.

I am 62 years young :roll: and have had Rls formally for 2 years, informally all my life since having a coma based illness at the ripe old age of 5. :wink:

Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to reading ......Pat :)
pat@home with Victorian Needles

becat

Post by becat »

Thank you very much Pat, consider yourself added to the list.
And Thank you and your DH for your sevice to our country. yes, you support him, so it certainly counts in my book.
Welcome.

kialo

i can help if needed

Post by kialo »

I'm online a couple times I day. I've dealt with the medical community since I was a youngster plus my child has orthopedic problems so again I can transverse the medical community quite well. I read a lot and try to keep up with all the new advancements and I'm more into alternative treatments then western medicine. I know I'm new here but not to this rls world.

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Kialo,
We thank you for adding your name to the list. Please know that it;s the Foundation choice about who is a moderator or not, but I will add your name to their list.
We glad to have you here, only sorry you have RLS. Welcome to the Family.
Lynne

mwade1

Help where I can!

Post by mwade1 »

Hi! I've had this site in my favorites for a long time, and refer to it often. I love and admire the work and dedication of you three and know you must spend countless hours in support of our precious, suffering community.

While I haven't done a lot of posting, I am certainly willing to commit to being more involved and I think I have some insight to offer because of my research and personal experience with this stuff!

Keep up the incredible work, and I'm here and willing if I can help.
Smile! If it doesn't help you, and it likely will, it surely will help someone else!!!
Just Mike!

brandy

Post by brandy »

I'd be happy to serve as a substitute moderator, if there is such a thing. That is, I travel with my job, but whenever I'm here, I'm happy to help. So if someone goes out of town, or if there are other extenuating circumstances, I am happy to help any time I'm available.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

you can add me in too, if you need anyone else.

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

BAO

Testing from RLSF Staff

Post by BAO »

Hi everyone! I'm just testing out the process of registering and posting a message on the discussion board. I'm a staff member at RLSF.

Thanks,
Beth O.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Beth :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'd like to update this list. I am only speaking for myself, not Lynne or Jan, when I say that there are times it's hard for me to be here 7 days a week, multiple times a day. The new registration system has worked quite well to eliminate spam, but we try to check registrations multiple times a day so that no one has to wait very long to be able to post.

If you are interested, please let us know.

And, if you already had your name on the list, please let us know if you are still interested. I see some names on it that I haven't seen in a long time (and some I miss quite a bit).

Thanks a bunch.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Goodness knows that I'm in here enough that you could put me to work somehow!
Susan

ed2008

Post by ed2008 »

be happy to assist in medication questions!!

Ed