new to rls.org...but had rls since 12 yrs old

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
zadig

new to rls.org...but had rls since 12 yrs old

Post by zadig »

I remember the first time my legs freaked out as clearer than my 16th birthday

I was 12 years old and on a plane flight. With no warning...my legs began to twitch and flick about. No matter how hard i squeezed them, it kept going. I was trapped in a middle seat and couldnt stand up. 28 years later..it seems i finally found a name for this horror

This ever present problem seems to occur just about every other plane flight i take...and as of the last week..just about every night

There are alot of interesting ideas here on how to control this, and as i read more..im sure i will post more..

but so far I am surprised that the single thing that I do really hasnt been talked about. When i can, I take a bath..a very hot bath. And that seems to stop the twitching for the rest the night.

comments??..thoughts??..ty for existing btw..alot of help here :D

jitterbug

Thanks for the suggestion

Post by jitterbug »

I'm very new to this site too! Thanks for the suggestion. My son just turned a year old last month so if I have to use my aching, twitching legs as an excuse to get a moment's peace to soak in the tub I'll take it! I know that this condition is very specific to each individual but I am most definitely willing to try something so easy as that.

Thanks again for the tip - I'll let you know if it helps me as well!

jumpyowl

My contribution is

Post by jumpyowl »

to call attention to 4th post of this thread

http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=172

It provides a brief but comprehensive and up-to-date info on RLS.

To see whole article, click on the link in the first post.
Jumpy Owl