ANYONE NEW PLEASE ANSWER

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
I'mnotlisa

Post by I'mnotlisa »

Thank you for your reply. My iron (ferritin ) level was 5 also.

Givrider

What led me here

Post by Givrider »

I recently found this site due to frustration and anxiety about this condition that has surfaced and worsened in me within the past 3 years. I can sum up what led me here in one word...Google, they list this site very high in their search engine response for "restless leg syndrome"

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Welcome. So glad that you found this group! If you are looking for information and support for living and managing RLS, you are in the right place. There is a section titled New to RLS, check out the sticky posts which contain information that will be helpful ... in particular you might want to check the medications known to increase RLS sensations...

Sorry that you have RLS, yet I am glad you found us!

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Lynne/becat
I just received a response from Hazel which I really appreciated. This is the first time for me on this site. Like I told Hazel I have rls for quite a few years and cannot get any relief and sometimes just want to scream. I have been taking requip for a while. Hazel asked me if the rls got worse with the requip and I told her yes. I do not know what to do as I feel like I am going bonkers most of the time. My sleep is very radical. I am retired, but everyone needs their sleep. Thank goodness my husband is very supportive. I had to cancel our trip next month as I cannot take long drives in a vehicle. I have tried creams and to no avail they have not worked. My rls can happen anytime of the day or night. Taking requip does help my legs, but I often get nauseated from it and my sleep habit is horrible. Sorry for my complaining as I know there are more people out there worse off than I am. Thank you for letting me vent off my frustration.
ctravel.

Jnee

Post by Jnee »

I found this site by plugging in rls on the web and I felt I needed a support group and wanted to become more educated.

ctravel12

finding the site

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jnee
I am glad that you found this site. It is very informative. Other ones with more info that I can give you, as I am also new to site, will answer your post and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Welcome aboard
ctravel

becat

Post by becat »

Just gotta love it when everyone reaches out and tells you to hang on, there is hope.
Ct, great job......your wings are in the mail. LOL
Jnee, we're glad your here, sorry you had to find us, if you suffer with RLS.
Excited if your just educating yourself.
Ct is right, ask what you'd like to and I bet you'll find that this board and these people are the best bunch ever.
Saved me for yrs now.
Hugs and Welcome

Kwazylegs

Post by Kwazylegs »

Hi all. I found this forum by accident during my search for RLS info. I previously found gobs of info from people/companies trying to sell their products, but this is the first place where I can actually communicate with people who share the problems I'm experiencing with RLS...with people who CARE. Thanks for being here. I now know that I've had RLS for most of my life...I'm 58, but can remember from the age of 8 or so, not being able to sit for any length of time. Sleep studies done recently show PLMS with about 12-15 "arousals" per night. EMG's show a progressing neuropathy in my legs for which Neurologists can't find a cause, and these neurologists also have diagnosed me with RLS. Reading the posts on this forum is helping me to understand the difficulties I have, and to cope with the limitations on my life that RLS has imposed...I can't sit or read for any length of time... riding in a car for more than 45 minutes can be sheer torture. About 10 months ago, I developed sciatic pain in my right leg, which is at its worst in the early morning hours, and is aggravated by some kind of muscular tension which I try to relieve by stretching my legs. I get about 4 hours of sleep each night, but only with the help of .75 mg Klonopin, 800 mg Neurontin, and I've just started .25 mg of Requip. I've had blood chemistry results looking for deficiencies and toxic chemical exposure...all have come back "normal", but since discovering this forum, I'm going to ask for the actual levels included in these lab tests. I'm sorry for making my first post here so darned long, but this RLS thing has been affecting the quality of my life for so many years, and other people in my life who have never experienced this just can't relate. So, again, thanks for being here, and best wishes for you all.

Picky

This site

Post by Picky »

Hi. I actually belong to the RLS.org. Somehow I missed the dicussion board. Duh! Found it so interesting and want to keep checking in.

Thanks.

Mtpeanuts

Welcome and a BiG Hug

Post by Mtpeanuts »

I have not been here long.But I found this place has the biggest heart around.

becat

Post by becat »

And we're glad your all here with us.
Lynne

AnniefromBelgium

New to this forum

Post by AnniefromBelgium »

Hello Everyone 8) ,

I was recently diagnosed with RLS thanks to a sleep study. I have just started taking Requip (.5 mg). I must admit I have been scared of by the negative comments about this drug.
I wish I could get in touch with someone who has had positive experiences with Requip.
Anyhow, I don't think it can get much worse. I have become so tired that I have lost all my interest in the things I used to love, even my husband. When I wake up in the morning I am already longing to go to bed in the evening.
Pretty sad for someone who used to be the life and soul of the party!!
Anyhow, I keep hoping things will get better with Requip and that I get to become myself again.
Lots of love,
Annie :P
Annie

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Annie,
Well welcome to our family here. We're glad to have you, only wish there was not the need.
I haven't tried Requip, so I'm no help there.
I will tell you, as an ex life of the party girl, you'll learn to grow into the new you. It may take some time to find the right meds or dose, it's may involve some emtional repair, you may need to be open to change for RLS.
That is all normal and it's more than fair. I didn't think I'd be who I am right now. I could dance the whole night long at one point in my life and only worry about my makeup. LOL Now, I pray for sleep and healing rest many nights....habit I guess. I know very quickly if I have over done it for the day. But I live a good Quality of Life most days.
I walk a mile and 1/2 everynight with my hubby. It's a great way to connect and work stuff out, we take the 90 ib dog, we call the furry family member, Max. I'm overly active in the RLS community, change for us all, education and awareness, and trying to help others understand that this life goes on and can well.
You'll be a new you, but no less worthy of a good treatment. You'll learn new skills and think differntly about many things. You may cry and scream.
But you'll laugh and smile. You'll share the moon with people like the great ones here, are only a heartbeat away. It will be ok.
Just wanted to welcome you and invite you to roam and read, learn, and never feel silly for posting somewhere else, on any topic.
We learn best from each other.
Lynne

enzo ferrari

Post by enzo ferrari »

ctravel12

guest sent this

Post by ctravel12 »

Post sent to me
Does anybody know what this is about???????
ctravel