I FOUND A CURE FOR RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Miamoss

I FOUND A CURE FOR RLS

Post by Miamoss »

:D
I am 32 years old and suffered from RLS all of my life. This disorder is so bad that suicide has crossed my mind many, many times. But one day I started taking a drug for another condition and I noticed that my RLS completely went away. The drug is called Neurontin, it is used for many things, but mainly epilepsy (which i do not have). For me, Neurontin has NO SIDE EFFECTS WHATSOEVER, it is great. What a relief. I just take 3 around dinner time (before the onsite of the RLS) and then I sleep fine, and I can watch tV now and go to the movies and fly on airplanes. Wow, I am so happy that "by chance" I found permanent relief from RLS. Now, I am no doctor, but my doctor was happy that we discovered this and supports it all the way. Please talk to your doctors and try it, I promise it works. Some may need to take more Neurontin or less, I take 300ml a day. Most important though, you should not wait until the RLS is starting to kick in before taking Neurontin, take it before the onset, if you wait too long, it will take twice as long to work. So I just take it early, before dark, that way I am covered, and I never even feel the RLS anymore, ever.
I hope this helps. Now I can live.
Maria Moss
Suffolk, VA.
mariamoss@charter.net

Post by Guest »

Neurontin did work for me, but it seemed that my body acclamated to the drug and now I take both N and Mirapex. That works, but they are expensive.

Fabbabs

I take nuerontin as well.

Post by Fabbabs »

I started with 100 miligrams now it's a year later and I'm up to 400 miligrams. I haven't had any side effects, but if I take too much, I feel drunk the next day! Although, last night I only took 200 miligrams.
I have taken Quinine, Naprosin, miripex and vicodin, and the nuerontin is best for me. I just hope it keeps working, I would hate to have to go through the search for another med.

Barbara