New and have so many ????' s

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Anonymous

New and have so many ????' s

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,
I have just been going over the different entries, and noticed something from "jennygirl" that I was also wondering about? I am 49 years old and have not been diagnosed with rls, but have every symptem!
But I didn't notice anything until I went thru menopause, then it came on?
So it made me wonder about the hormone factor?
Thank goodness my rls only flares up once or twice a week in the evenings while watching tv. I would love to know what I can do for some relief w/o medication? Reading about how bad it can get is horrible to think about! This is such a uncomfortable feeling, that can't really be described! It's good to have other people who can relate! :D

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Check out the Non-Pharmceutical Therapies on this discussion board. Another website that give great info is www.rlsrebel.com. Sometimes it helps to distract yourself from the symptoms. There is a lot of info on these threads that I think you will find helpful. Things to avoid: caffeine, alcohol, stress, antihistimines and most night-time sleep aid medicine. Keep track of the bad times and think back to anything that might have triggered an attack. Keeping a diary helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

jumpyowl

Welcome!

Post by jumpyowl »

Also have your plasma ferritin level checked. If it is under 50 microgram/ml then iron supplement will help. Women are more prone to be lacking in iron than men.
Jumpy Owl