Help my...

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Tommy

Help my...

Post by Tommy »

Hi, I just found out that I have RLS after 6 or 7 years of restlessness, I am 30 years old. Every night I go to bed I have to lie down on my belly, which I dont have with my legs bent upwords! that ease my legs, I dont know why. I am also addicted to jogging, that helps to. The problem comes after i sit down in the eavning about seven, eight a clock, I feel restless, my legs puncture and I feel warm. Tired and restless at once. Can somebody tell me what I can do to get this thing go away? or will it ever? Sorry for my bad English..

Regards
Tommy
from Norway
trade@chello.no :)

jumpyowl

Hi, Tommy!

Post by jumpyowl »

You may well have RLS. Do the strange feeling (paresthesia) go away with movement? Do your legs muscle move at night?

There is lots you can do. A sleep study with polysomnography could diagnose and rule out many things. It can diagnose PLM periodic leg movements which often (80%) accompanies RLS.

Try to find the post "ALGORITHM for RLS" on the General Topic forum and read it. Very informative!
Jumpy Owl

Tommy

Re. RLS:

Post by Tommy »

Dear Jumpy Owl, Yes the feeling is not there when I move around, I have a active job as a master builder so during day time I feel nothing. But it comes late afternoon, when I finaly fall a sleep I dont have any problem until next evening. Thank you for your advise.

Regards Tommy.