rls

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
all i want is sleep

rls

Post by all i want is sleep »

hi, just stumbled across your site because i was up late again, not able to sleep. ive been sick and on cold pills and that just seems to make it worse and all i want to do is sleep right now.
im glad there are people out there that understand what i'm going through. :)

sardsy75

Beware of some cold/flu medications

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good :(

A quick heads up for you though, check the "ingredients" of your cold/flu tablets as a lot of them containe anti-histamines which are usually an RLS sufferers worst enemy; this may well be why your legs are worse.

It's a catch-22 situation really with the anti-histamines making you want to sleep, yet aggravating your legs.

If you can get to a pharmacy tomorrow morning, tell the pharmacist that you possibly have RLS and ask if he/she can recommend cold/flu tablets that Do Not contain anti-histamines.

Take care and I hope you're feeling better soon!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jumpyowl

Welcome, sleepyhead!

Post by jumpyowl »

We are almost all want more and better quality sleep.

Nadia already gave you a very good advice. I am not sure whether there is cold medication that does not contain some sort of antihistamine, and I am not sure whether mast cell stabilizers count as antihistamines.

What medications are you taking for RLS?
Jumpy Owl