Newbie with RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
ddhafe

Newbie with RLS

Post by ddhafe »

Hello everyone. I have had RLS for about 8 months now that I know of but I'm sure I've had it since I was a kid after reading some of the post here. I couldn't get to sleep unless I had pressure on my right leg and I thought it was due to a blood clot I had when I was about 11 years old.

Now I have type1 diabetes (11 years) and had a car accident a few years ago and now live in chronic pain due to crushed bones pushing on my spinal cord. Surgery will put me in a wheel chair so the doctors are not ready to do that yet. Now I have RLS and it is driving me crazy. I had never heard of it before.

I hope to learn as much a possible from everyone here and maybe try to find some relief from the RLS.
Diann/ddhafe

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Diane,

So sorry to hear of your problems, sending you *****many positive thougts of energy*********... RLS can be secondary to spinal injuries... there is a lot of good informaiton on what you can do to help aleviate some of the discomfort and pain you experience by reading the New to RLS section. Keep us posted. Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden