Am I a RLS patient?

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
migueldiaz24

Am I a RLS patient?

Post by migueldiaz24 »

About 4 years ago, I started moving my legs back and forth (grinding against eachother) when I would sleep, gradually it started getting worse, I would run and it would hurt my legs if I ran for more than 10 minutes. My legs hurt basically all through the day and they bother me when I go to bed. I have to move them to make it feel better. Do you think I have it? Im only a 22 year old male and started when i was 18 years old. I have a lower back problem, can that be it?

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

The following is the criteria to determine if what you experience is RLS.

Many of us do have painful RLS especially so when we have over exerted our bodies.

If it reduces pain and sensations by movement, you can be fairly certain that it may be RLS.

Read through the New to RLS section, it is filled with information and additional websites which are helpful for those suffering with RLS.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but you are in a GREAT place to become informed! Ask all the questions you need ... look forward to hearing more from you. Hazel

WHAT IS RLS? Living with RLS FAQ RLS Books & Articles

Restless Legs Syndrome is an overwhelming urge to move the legs usually caused by uncomfortable or unpleasant sensations in the legs. The sensations have the following features:

Occur during periods of inactivity
Become more sensitive in the evening and at night
Are relieved by movement of the limb
Often cause difficulty staying or falling asleep, which leads to feelings of daytime tiredness or fatigue
May cause involuntary jerking of the limbs during sleep and sometimes during wakefulness
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Miquel-Welcome! I just wanted to chime in and say that the very first time I was aware my legs were bothering me occurred when a girlfriend I had in college told me I was rubbing my legs together all the time. When I paid closer attention, I found that rubbing them back in forth would help make them feel better and stop hurting. Like ks stated, many of us are in pain quite a bit and I've actually gotten to the point that my legs actually hurt in the evenings whether I'm moving around or not. Your back may be contributing but you'll have to talk to a doctor to figure that out... did you injure it?
Josh

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

welcome
my husband told me i would rub my legs together, and it drove him nuts because he couldn't get to sleep. i have to thank him for making me go to a doctor because now i know what i have RLS.

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945