Do I have RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
vinton

Do I have RLS

Post by vinton »

I need your advice.

I've had MS for 35 years and went to my GP last week and told him about my legs and he said it was RLS and gave me mirapex but I'm not sure so here are my symptoms:

During the day my legs a somewhat weak and when I sit for awhile and get up they are still. Rarely I will be stting and they start shaking (tremor).
I also get this insect crawling feeling but its not bothering me so its very low.
The worst is at bedtime. I go to bed and about 20-30 minutes after I have to get up due to an irritable feeling below the knees. Never had legs jerks.

So what is your opinion?

Thanks soooo much

Vinton
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Vinton, jerks are not a part of RLS - they are attibuted to PLMD, usually.

The weak feeling? Not sure. Tremor is not. But the irritable feeling at bedtime? Very much so.

There are four criteria:

Weird OR painful OR creepy-crawly OR electrical OR irritable OR other strange sensation in the affected body part

Sensation goes away (at least temporarily) with movement

Sensation starts when at rest or when inactive

Sensation is worse in the evening

Seems that all of these apply.

Does this keep you from sleeping and interfere with your life? If not, I'd consider not taking anything at this point. If it does, then drugs may be in order, however there might be other things you can do.

Try reading the "sticky" in this section on managing RLS. It might help give you more info and help you make a decision about what you have and what you can do about it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.