help from a moderator

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
vinton

help from a moderator

Post by vinton »

Hi,,
I'm new and when I post or reply I'M never informed in my personnal mail box and I did request it.
Had multiple sclerosis for 35 years +

ctravel12

help from a moderator

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Vinton
I am not a Moderator,but when you did your Profile on the bottom there are some questions and one is Always notify me of replies. Did you mark that one yes as if you do then you will get responses back to the ones that you posted. I hope that makes sense to you and hope that the Moderators do not mind if I answered this one and also if I answered it correctly.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am really not sure how this works. It sounds like you did request it in your profile. Did you include a valid email addy?

Charlene, is this what you did? Have you had any problems?

I think the way it works is when someone replies to your post, you get an email about it. Maybe I'll turn it on in my profile and see what happens.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

OK, I am posting a reply to myself to see what happens.

In the profile, I noticed that there are two options - the be notified of private messages and to be notified of replies. I had the second checked, not the first. As soon as I came back in here, the box at the bottom of this posting area to "Notify me when a reply is posted," was automatically checked.

Vinton, when you type a post, is this box selected?

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I didn't get a notifcation for my post. But, maybe it doesn't notify me when I post to myself, or maybe it takes more time. . .or maybe it isn't working. After someone replies to me - besides myself - and I give it some time, I'll know better.

Managing Your RLS

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i get notifications for every post i make. so i don't think anything is wrong with the system.

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

ctravel12

help from a moderator

Post by ctravel12 »

Ann, on my profile I have checked on replies when I post on a subject and also pm messages. Mine always works.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Charlene and Dee, mine works also. Hmmmmm, I don't know what the problem is, Vinton. Could be a glitch.

I'm not sure what you should do. Maybe you could try unchecking those two boxes, hit submit and then going back and checking the boxes and hit submit. Hope that made sense.....

Ja
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Well, mine works, too, as that's how I got here. So, I'm not sure what's happening, Vinton. Please make sure the box at the bottom of your posts is selected when you make a post. Also, please make sure you have a valid email addy - I'm sure you know this, it comes to your personal email not the new messages email here on the site.

Managing Your RLS