Relief after nearly 30 years

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
floquilter

Post by floquilter »

Pat, I will ask my doctor about it. I have an appointment before the trip. Thanks for answering.

mags314

Post by mags314 »

I am a 64 year old female who has had restless legs for years. In the last six months, they've gotten a lot worse, and I was about at the end of my rope. My physician prescribed Requip. I've only been on it for a week. The first two nights it didn't help, but then it kicked in and I've been getting a full night's sleep.. Never has a night's sleep been so treasured. I have a lot of other health problems, so solving one is a relief. I am just hoping I don't get nauseated on the Requip. How long was it before nausea set in?

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

OK Mags..let's think positive..Maybe it won't set in..I've been on Requip for about 3 months, and no nausea. I also have several health problems and am about your age. Getting old can be a bummer. Good Luck and Welcome...Pat

ctravel12

relief after nearly 30 years

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi mags and welcome. I am so glad that you are getting the much needed relief that you needed.

I am sure that you will do just fine. It is great to find a med that works for you. Getting sleep is so important and it looks like you are getting that too.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Most people have nausea quickly - the only time it comes later is when you increase the dose. But, if you are on the same dose and you didn't start with nausea, chances are good it won't come later. Yippee!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

nightwalker

Post by nightwalker »

just started with requip myself and as I stated in my brief I got the feeling of being a little ill in the am took two hours to go away and has not returned will see what the new day has to offer BE POSITIVE knowing what it is that is upsetting is more than half the battle easy to fight somthing when you know what it might be . good luck I need it as much as anyone.

becat

Post by becat »

Well John we offer all the good luck we can find.
I hope your new meds do the trick for you for a long time.
I understand that upset stomach thing however, I've been known to have a fragile tummy.
If I get up late and rush I'm sure to suffer.
I think your right about the positive attitutde helping. I'm working that way myself.
Hugs , luck, and the moon,
Lynne

ctravel12

relief after 30 years

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi John and welcome. I also posted you on the pharm therapy discussions regarding being nausea with requip..

I meant to welcome you on that post too. Sorry, so will say welcome again. :)
Charlene
Taking one day at a time